Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Learn to play the offside trap better? :)

In all seriousness it can take a bit of getting used to, the overall feel and controls of the game but once you get used to it I find it very enjoable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

kryogen wrote: »
    Learn to play the offside trap better? :)

In all seriousness it can take a bit of getting used to, the overall feel and controls of the game but once you get used to it I find it very enjoable

They players I'm not controlling run offside all the time so you have to check back, I've had every fifa since 97 and this is infuriating , feels real Sluggish and laboured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

And now that's two coffee tables broken thanks to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

And now that's two coffee tables broken thanks to this game underlying anger/rage issues.

Fixed that for you. :eek:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Just picked this up for the PS4. Seems extremely sluggish in comparison to previous versions. The response time of the players is a bit crap tbh. Without reading all 900 posts, is this the general consensus?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just needs a bit of time to get used to, i was seriously thinking of changing over to PES when i first bought Fifa. Give it a month and you will adjust. Career mode is brillaint this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Online is still a clusrter****. Fifa 15 better f**king wow me, I know lots of people who are just sick of 14 they've been put off the entire series.

I only really play pro club with a few mates,but the online does be fine for me. The odd time you might not get the servers working but that was expected.

I only really play pro club with a few mates,but the online does be fine for me. The odd time you might not get the servers working but that was expected.

I'm the same. Virtual pro is the only real good game mode, its a pity that bugs still ravage the game

• Advertisement

Just needs a bit of time to get used to, i was seriously thinking of changing over to PES when i first bought Fifa. Give it a month and you will adjust. Career mode is brillaint this year

Haven't tried career mode in any of the FIFAs, only play the online seasons. Guess I'll have to get used to every player turning like a bus!

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

vidor wrote: »
    Haven't tried career mode in any of the FIFAs, only play the online seasons. Guess I'll have to get used to every player turning like a bus!

They turn quicker if you take your finger off the sprint button and then hit the direction you want to move in and the sprint button again.

Some of them do anyway, some players actually do just turn like buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Would anyone have suggestions on how to beat someone using a 5-5-0 formation. A friend is mine is awful loser, and a worse winner, so he's resorted to using this "counter attacking" football against me

He uses Barca and any breaks at all with Neymar, Messi, Alves and Alba usually results in a goal.

I've only played him twice while he used this, and he's hammered me both times. I was never in either game.

Can anyone recommend a team, formation and style for beating this joke of a player, i don't want to stoop to his level yet. His defenders literally sit on the edge of the box, it's like Chelsea from champions league 2012 or liverpool recently

Would anyone have suggestions on how to beat someone using a 5-5-0 formation. A friend is mine is awful loser, and a worse winner, so he's resorted to using this "counter attacking" football against me

He uses Barca and any breaks at all with Neymar, Messi, Alves and Alba usually results in a goal.

I've only played him twice while he used this, and he's hammered me both times. I was never in either game.

Can anyone recommend a team, formation and style for beating this joke of a player, i don't want to stoop to his level yet. His defenders literally sit on the edge of the box, it's like Chelsea from champions league 2012 or liverpool recently

You need to find other friends :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

miralize wrote: »
    You need to find other friends :pac:

he was actualy really pissing me off too. the way he was going on it was like he invented it.

he's actually just copying a much better friend of ours who plays 4-2-4, counter attacking brilliantly. he defends so well, and nobody feel cheated when ya lose to him because the way he does it takes skill

but the other guy playing 5-5-0 is just beyond taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

One of personal favorites was a 1-7-2

I'm now encountering guys who have mastered the old scoring from kick off trick. Couple of passes, then they knock it back to the CM, long ball to the striker and either a full or half volley into the bottom corner. So much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Not a huge fifa player but have started to get into it a bit more recently, not doing too bad on the season's mode in division 7 and holding my own in most games. Playing with Brazil a good bit recently because they have a decent defence. I need it because nearly everyone I'm playing is real Madrid which gets frustrating

Hit me with some tips for pro club. Have my player set up and have played a few games but a lot of them have been crap as they're just drop in games. How do you find a proper club? Or do most just play the drop in games?

You can join or set up your own club. Once u have a few mates playing Fifa that is. Think there is a forum on here for a Boards club X1 & PS4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lads is there a thread which contains a list of PSN usernames that I can add?

Looking to play a few games of Fifa on the PS4. Add me, username is zizou18101.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone with experiences selling coins? Or interested in buying?

Pulled Ronaldo, would also sell him on his own if anyone's interested.

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone with experiences selling coins? Or interested in buying?

Pulled Ronaldo, would also sell him on his own if anyone's interested.

I'll give ya tenner :p I think I seen on eBay he could be fetching over 60 squids.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'll give ya tenner :p I think I seen on eBay he could be fetching over 60 squids.

:eek::eek:

That's, like, the same cost as the entire game itself!! Just why?!

I suppose, as the old saying goes, "A fool and his money are easily parted."

Just logged in to easports.com to check out my stats and all that sort of thing but when I go to my player hub it's not displaying a thing. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Anyone need a player for pro clubs? None of my mates have a ps4 so I'm always playing with random people.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Got this game last week. Only play offline so started a career on profesional. Found it too easy so went up to world class and the gap is massive. I was never the best going forward but could defend pretty well but I find it impossible against the cpu now. They have two main ways of scoring against me. Lob balls which my defence never bothers to mark up on and their favourite which is crossing balls in. Can't keep clean sheets at all. Wouldn't mind but I have played it so much and still don't seem to be making any inroads against the cpu at all. What ever I try it doesn't make much of a difference. If they get the cross in the score over 60% of the time.

Try playing 5 in the middle, play possession football and eventually he space will open up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone else having problems playing any of the modes? can't even get a game going...just crashes to desktop on xbox one just after showing opponents team.
    deleted the game, reinstalled it, reset squads and tactics, changed arena player+gk to no avail.
    Definitely going for PES 15 ..EA can go fúck themselves after this joke of a game.

• Advertisement

Getting a 'No opponent found' error this afternoon, trying to get a game going on the PS4. Then tried to go to play Pro Club and getting the same error. Happening anyone else?

Advertisement