Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

BSH6QpaCIAAkdgw.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

IS there a Ps4/Xbone trailer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are the legends goings to be playable in UT?

Would love to be to sign Dennis Bergkamp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Where the hell is Shearer/Batistuta/Vialli/Ravanelli/Stoichkov???

Also to encourage people to buy both copies of the games..

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/fifa-14-ultimate-team-cross-generation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Where the hell is Paul Scholes? big passer of the era

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Anyone think FIFA14 needs to expand on player attributes? FIFA has surpassed PES but the level of detail between player stats in both games is very much in favor of PES. How does FIFA create a true difference between players when the list of attributes is so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Anyone think FIFA14 needs to expand on player attributes? FIFA has surpassed PES but the level of detail between player stats in both games is very much in favor of PES. How does FIFA create a true difference between players when the list of attributes is so small.

the 6 stats they show on the cards are only an average of so many stats. low marking and high stand tackle and slide tackle would mean def stats mightnt be as high as they should be, and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

ya you can check there stats in game there is quite a few stats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I've edited players in the game, to me there simply isn't enough stats, at least I was surprised by the lack of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I've edited players in the game, to me there simply isn't enough stats, at least I was surprised by the lack of them.

I'm pretty sure there are 30 odd stats per player in Fifa. any stat for a footballer is in there. Like what kinda stats are you thinking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Futre, Pires & Sheringham... Are they taking the p!ss

No Maradona, Zidane, and if they are adding Viera you have to add Keane as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They need to get rights for ex players, which makes it difficult as theyre not a part of an association..

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Yeah didnt think of that.

At least the legendary players dont seem to be that pacey like the Aubamayeng's, Walcott's etc

Say the pace whores are snapping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

For what it's worth - my alternatives.

Personally I wouldnt have a few others there but I might get destroyed by the 'current generation' of football fans

Bergkamp
    Bierhoff
    Campbell Batistuta
    Cannavaro
    Crespo
    De Boer
    Desailly
    Effenberg
    Fowler Socrates
    Hierro
    Futre
    Guillet
    Hagi
    Inzaghi
    Kluivert
    Larsson Baggio
    Lehmann
    Lineker
    Ljunberg Maradona
    Maldini
    Mattaus
    Neville
    Owen Charlton
    Pauleta
    Pele
    Pires Ronaldo(FAT)
    Rijkaard
    Rui Costa
    Seaman
    Sheringham Zidane
    Shevchenko Andrade
    Suker
    Van Basten
    Van Der Sar
    Van Nistelrooy
    Viera
    Vieri Del Piero
    Weah
    Zola Eusebio

Never thought about having to get the rights but when I heard legend cards I was expecting to see Zidane/Maradona/Cruyff/Beckenbauer/Ronaldo etc and not Campbell/Seaman/Owen

A few others I would have liked to have seen would be Keane/Redondo/Nedved/Figo/Cafu/Schmeichal/Baggio/Romario and plenty of others.

trudub83 wrote: »
    For what it's worth - my alternatives.
    Vieri Del Piero

Del Piero is still playing though :P

Del Piero is still playing though :P

Australia doesnt count :pac:

My thinking is since Fifa only started in late 1993 only players from that era onwards should be in it, and they have to be retired.

From Newcastle I'd love for Shearer/Beardsley/Ginola/Ferdinand/Asprilla to be in it.

Blazer wrote: »
    My thinking is since Fifa only started in late 1993 only players from that era onwards should be in it, and they have to be retired.

From Newcastle I'd love for Shearer/Beardsley/Ginola/Ferdinand/Asprilla to be in it.

So Pele shouldnt be there?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They clearly only got players whos rights they could buy, if they could have got players like Maradona and Ronaldo I'm sure they'd have been on the list

• Advertisement

trudub83 wrote: »
    So Pele shouldnt be there?:confused:

over-rated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Nolars wrote: »

Serious lack of gameplay in that gameplay video. Is it going to be the same game engine used in 13? If so I will be buying Pes. I really don't care about legends or chemistry cards in FUT, decent gameplay will do. And they need to sort out the referees, dodgy penalty decisions and dodgy offsides can really ruin a game. What pissed me off most about Fifa13 though was that they made improvements in attacking but did nothing with defending, which just results in leaking goals.

Next gen footage from Gamescom

Looks decent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Next gen footage from Gamescom

Looks decent.

Doesn't look massively different from that video from fifa 13, but considering what fifa 06 was like back when the 360 was first released, it may take them a year or two to really harness the power of the next gen consoles.

Serious lack of gameplay in that gameplay video. Is it going to be the same game engine used in 13? If so I will be buying Pes. I really don't care about legends or chemistry cards in FUT, decent gameplay will do. And they need to sort out the referees, dodgy penalty decisions and dodgy offsides can really ruin a game. What pissed me off most about Fifa13 though was that they made improvements in attacking but did nothing with defending, which just results in leaking goals.

it will be for the xbox 360/ps3 versions..afaik the new engine is being used in the xbox one/ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The animations look odd in that video!

joe123 wrote: »
    The animations look odd in that video!

I think it's because the people playing it are a bit **** :pac:

The grass looks nice though..

It looks a bit different, hard to describe what though.. but it does indeed look like a new engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I thought it was a joke and that was Fifa 13 just :P
    Still that infuriating shíte advantage played by the ref at the end. Through ball nearly had one team away and he calls it miles back for the free.

• Advertisement

Worst quality video but you can see the off-ball and AI movement has improved in this imo.

Advertisement