Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Anyone know if there's early access this year? Read a few threads about it but can't seem to find an official announcement from EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

It seems the best place to pre-order the Ultimate Edition ( for bonuses ) is Xtravision:
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/fifa14/fifa-14-ultimate-no-layout-updates-5433.html

max life wrote: »
    It seems the best place to pre-order the Ultimate Edition ( for bonuses ) is Xtravision:
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/fifa14/fifa-14-ultimate-no-layout-updates-5433.html

Basically only worth is 8 gold packs that you never get anything from and a cost of e70 for the Ps3/360 version :eek:

I hope nobody pays e20 extra for what will definitely be an inferior version. Some cheek to try charge anything over e50 for a game on its last legs(this generation)

I won't even be paying e70 for the PS4/One version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Basically only worth is 8 gold packs that you never get anything from and a cost of e70 for the Ps3/360 version :eek:

I hope nobody pays e20 extra for what will definitely be an inferior version. Some cheek to try charge anything over e50 for a game on its last legs(this generation)

I won't even be paying e70 for the PS4/One version.
    Agreed. But hey its a money making business and ea will likely sell a load of them considering its basically their last chance on this gen. I wont be buying Fifa 13.5 anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

PlayStation fans may not watch! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nolars wrote: »
    PlayStation fans may not watch! :D

One part of me is sad the other is happy ill be missing out on them. I know they are gonna be frustratingly OP.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    One part of me is sad the other is happy ill be missing out on them. I know they are gonna be frustratingly OP.

You know they are? Didnt know you had inside info on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nolars wrote: »
    You know they are? Didnt know you had inside info on this

Okay, using an educated guess and based off everything Fifa has done since Fifa 10 it looks extremely likely that they will be OP. Semantics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

FIFA on the XBONE and PS4 looks ****ing incredible. I can't wait for next-gen.

Theres a few more on YT as well.

Not sure if this was mentioned already but Fifa 14 will have 2 vs 2 ranked online seasons.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/369948077781553153

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not sure if this was mentioned already but Fifa 14 will have 2 vs 2 ranked online seasons.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/369948077781553153

It only took 21 Fifa's but they finally added this feature :D

For people who have never tried 2 v 2 before, it's easily one of the best fifa experiences

Unearthly wrote: »
    It only took 21 Fifa's but they finally added this feature :D

For people who have never tried 2 v 2 before, it's easily one of the best fifa experiences

Yeah its a feature I've been waiting for for the last few years.

Wonder how it works though. Do you have to stick with one partner or can you restart a new season with someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Wonder how it works though. Do you have to stick with one partner or can you restart a new season with someone else?

I'd say its like a 2 man club, only between you and the other specific player/

What console are you going for Miralize? PS4 or Xbone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Unearthly

miralize wrote: »
    I'd say its like a 2 man club, only between you and the other specific player/

They might allow more than 2 members in a club and any 2 can represent that group

I dont know. I have the ps4 preorderd, but I've been thinking about a change to the Xbox One. I'll probably stick with the ps4 and get the one at a later stage

I dont know. I have the ps4 preorderd, but I've been thinking about a change to the Xbox One. I'll probably stick with the ps4 and get the one at a later stage

PS4 is my 1st choice. Have it pre ordered in Smyths but I pre ordered the Day One Xbox on gamestop.ie just in case I don't get the PS4 at launch (Im between 70 - 80 on the list in my local Smyths).

I was calling out for legend cards for a few years but the "legends" included in the xbox edition is a bit ****. Id only be interested in Maldini.

Ordered the Xbox one myself mainly because Fifa is the only real game I play on consoles and it has the extra features and my IRL friend's are getting the x1 so it was an easy decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone know whether the (proper) 2v2 seasons co op feature will be in ps3/360? I might reconsider getting it if true

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Anyone know whether the (proper) 2v2 seasons co op feature will be in ps3/360? I might reconsider getting it if true

Id say so mate. (not 100% though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'll be getting one of the next gen lads in January, so I'll hopefully get to have play on each and see which one I like better.

Getting excited about FIFA now. The first year for ages I haven't been all caught up in the news so the demo next week and web app the week after have crept up on me, then boom GTA V and then boom FIFA 14.

I'm torn , do I hold out for my next gen game, or buy the 360 version on the cheap (trade-in deals)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I'm torn , do I hold out for my next gen game, or buy the 360 version on the cheap (trade-in deals)?

Get PES 2014 to tide you over until fifa 14 is out on the PS4/XBONE :pac:

PES does look very good this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UsmanDar

Ill be waiting for the ps4 release. anyone here doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I hope the normal zoomed-in celebrations are back in. They were in the demo last year but taken out of the full game. It looked awful with the celebrations so far away

max life wrote: »
    I hope the normal zoomed-in celebrations are back in. They were in the demo last year but taken out of the full game. It looked awful with the celebrations so far away

I hope those user celebrations are scrapped. Gimmick & annoying to f*ck. As you can probably tell, I lose.. alot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

EA wont take out the celebrations, as they know the young teenager demographic loves them. But yeah, there would be less broken controllers and punches in the wall if they were took out from me anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't need them taken out imo. Just the time shortened (i.e. no time to run round in circles or up the pitch). Enough time to sprint behind the goal or at most to the corner flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Don't need them taken out imo. Just the time shortened (i.e. no time to run round in circles or up the pitch). Enough time to sprint behind the goal or at most to the corner flag.

All they need to do is add an option for manual celebrations, on or off... everyones happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

best option would be for you to have your favourite celebration picked for a player from a certain list, and it automatically does it, have Bale do yon heart thing, make Akinfenwa do a few cartwheels etc

Advertisement