Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

username?! wrote: »
    played about half an hour of it there. Not sure what I think of it. I'm big into the skill moves and the lack of holding LT is a bit strange to me but i'm sure i'l get used to it. I can't seem to knock the ball forward though when running anymore. This used to be done with the Right stick in the direction you want, but because this is solely for skill moves now the player won't do it.

Surely they haven't take this critical feature out??

Yep I'm the same Its all to help the game feel slower, but it just feels a bit cumbersome right now. It gets very scrappy in the middle.

Also finesse shots have returned..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

miralize wrote: »
    Yep I'm the same Its all to help the game feel slower, but it just feels a bit cumbersome right now. It gets very scrappy in the middle.

exactly they have slowed the game down alot. I quite like the fast pace of it but i'm sure in a couple of weeks you won't notice it.

I've found the answer to my question, to knock it forward now you know have to hold the RT while flicking the right stick now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Currently downloading, but will be annoyed if that is gone. Used to love when you'd beat someone to a ball and knock it past them, particularly against people stupid enough to play high defensive lines and rushing their keeper out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Since when did you have to have gold to get demos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think this was always the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

played about half an hour of it there. Not sure what I think of it. I'm big into the skill moves and the lack of holding LT is a bit strange to me but i'm sure i'l get used to it. I can't seem to knock the ball forward though when running anymore. This used to be done with the Right stick in the direction you want, but because this is solely for skill moves now the player won't do it.

Don't know where you got this info from but skill moves are very much in (by holding LT)

Maybe its an issue on the demo but that's not the case on the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

joe123 wrote: »
    Don't know where you got this info from but skill moves are very much in (by holding LT)

Maybe its an issue on the demo but that's not the case on the full game.

I heard it was introduced to dont need to LT and its not an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Nolars wrote: »
    I heard it was introduced to dont need to LT and its not an error.

Ha just checked there and ye are right! Been playing this for a few days now and I was still holding down LT none the wiser! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

joe123 wrote: »
    Ha just checked there and ye are right! Been playing this for a few days now and I was still holding down LT none the wiser!

Yea it feels weird will take some getting used to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Played a few games. Can't say I see a big difference. For all the talk of slowing play down, I still found my games against the AI to be a case of passing to the wing and outrunning the other team to the goal. All the cover button seems to offer, imo, is a chance to dominate possession once you score the goal with pace. In other words, I worry online games will now be a quick goal via pace abuse, followed by 80 minutes of covering the ball in a corner and time wasting.

Also, has the Dynamic camera zoomed right out? I couldn't get a camera that was as close to the pitch as I had it on 13, even with the sliders set to zoom right in :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Played a few games and hardly any changes from fifa 13 I found. Not sure about slower pace of the game, fast paced players will always be king on fifa as dribbling is far too easy.

Might wait on pes reviews before buying this as thats getting lots of good coverage this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

As long as the momentum issues are toned down a bit il be happy. Other than that the game doesn't need much of an overhaul especially on this gen console. More interested in the new features like 2v2 myself so will get it mainly for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Delighted they put in the calm down one. :D

If people cant tell the difference between the games I give up. Huge changes this year

Delighted they put in the calm down one. :D

Some nice new celebrations there.

Just played one game and was very impressed with it. Just one question-Is Geoff Shreeves still in the game?

max life wrote: »
    Just played one game and was very impressed with it. Just one question-Is Geoff Shreeves still in the game?

No, Jefff Stelling.

No, Jefff Stelling.

So I assume there will be no injury reports??

max life wrote: »
    So I assume there will be no injury reports??

He's there at half time to give an overview

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

If people cant tell the difference between the games I give up. Huge changes this year

I play fifa religiously and borderline professionally with tournaments and virgin gaming, and the changes for this years game on current gen are basically miniscule. Its as close to a reskin in a fifa game as we've seen for years and years, and its understandable with EA probably putting all their effort into the next gen version and merging the game with the ignite engine.

Saying there is "huge" changes is pretty laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Plays a bit different nothing major changed that i have noticed yet.

Passing seems a bit easyer at times dunno weather thats just me ?

Not as easy to dribble by players with speed you seem to lose the ball more knock off players.

Stronger players seem to have more control over winning the ball back or brushing someone aside so ive noticed as well.

Played a bit of Ultimate team on the demo if thats how the game will flow in the final game i would not be arsed at all with it!!. The normal mode seems to play alot better as of now.

Saying that last years demo felt much different to the final game for me.

So far anyway i like what ive seen so far actually really curious to see how the ps4 version plays compared to this. I will one hundred percent not be buying it for the ps3 thats for sure anyway!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Long time Fifa man, since 1995! Skipped a few in the mid 00 (lost interest in footie games). Have 2012 (liked) and 2013 (meh, obvious improved on some aspects)

I am also long time ISS / PES fan. Last one was 2012

I know am only concerend with Be a Pro / Become a Legend. PES seems more enjoyable on that point than Fifa.

After playing a few games on the demo for 2014 Fifa, I would hope that this is not the final product. I accept that there are some changes to the game compared to last year, but certainly not enough to make me want to purchase it for the third consecutive year. The layout doesn't seem all too different by the front page. I notice that there is a bit of talk about Gareth Bale and Tottenham (which might have to change) but the commentary is almost word for word the same. The pace issue is interesting , that is noticeable. I notice that there is more physicality to tackling which is good, but it is still too easy to tackle. Shooting is better than 13. Like the shielding. AI with overlapping players runing to the wings is good. Seems harder. But, I fear I would be bored of the game within 4 months or less (probably not too bad actually)

May wait to Fifa 15 on PS4

In all seriousness, this year is a great chance for Pes to catch up on Fifa on the PS3 (despite absence of rain, stadiums etc). If PES 2014 fails to equal or better Fifa 2014, Konami should really and truely give up!

This Fifa, is great if you never played it before or you haven't touched it since 2011. But for those who played it 2012 and 2013, while there are some changes, overall, it's meh!

Unless PES turns out to be utter drivel, I don't think I personally will bother purchasing this years editions of Fifa 2014, unless I see the real game offering something. (I know, like everyone, somehow, I will end up playing some games on FIfa, as it is Fifa - curosity - Touch wood that my league of Ireland team gets promoted and I will be able to play my team , for the first time, on Fifa 2015)

Fifa 2014 demo is not terrible. Although it does repeat itself from other games , such a game on its own could sustain criticism. The problem is that criticism will come from fans of the series, those who bought the previous editions, want more, understandably.

Fifa 2014 (boy I could be wrong) for PS3 is , lazy. They clealry, and understandably are more concerned with PS4 and in particular fIFA 15 (That is where the real war will commence with PES, since Fifa have no competition this year, and in my view, this year is kind of do or die for PES)

Not exactly the harshest criticism for the Fifa Demo.

Absolutely can't wait for the 2015 installments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,121 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Always, those with out gold have to wait at least another week to get the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I play fifa religiously and borderline professionally with tournaments and virgin gaming, and the changes for this years game on current gen are basically miniscule. Its as close to a reskin in a fifa game as we've seen for years and years, and its understandable with EA probably putting all their effort into the next gen version and merging the game with the ignite engine.

Saying there is "huge" changes is pretty laughable.
    The dribbling and ball control feels vastly different, have you somehow managed to miss that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

AdamD wrote: »
    The dribbling and ball control feels vastly different, have you somehow managed to miss that?

I wouldn't say its vastly different. Whole thing is very underwhelming

Long time Fifa man, since 1995! Skipped a few in the mid 00 (lost interest in footie games). Have 2012 (liked) and 2013 (meh, obvious improved on some aspects)........

No need to wait till 2015, the new version is only two months away and is packed with a new engine.

14 on PS3/360 was always going to be an inferior 13.5 version, just like having a WC/Euros update on whatever year comes previous to those events.

Actually now to think of it, WC 14 could be a great game as they'll have improved on the Ignite engine by then.

There's footage of the newer versions from Gamescon and posted in this thread, it looks far different than 13 which is the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

As much as I like the gameplay elements Id love to see little improvements in the match day experience.

I was playing FIFA 13 last night, Man City vs Arsenal. City went 2-0 up and I pegged it back to 2-2 and then won a last minute peno to win it. Anyways I missed the peno and the home crowd barely made an noise.

Ya its a very small thing but as a football sim they should real;ly br trying to improve all aspects of the experience.

Always wanted to hear the home fans boo their team if they get trashed by a few goals, or they start miss placing passes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The player's control of the ball is totally different, and the ground through balls are far better.

That said, I was very underwhelmed playing the demo. Normally I can play those ****ty 3min halfs against the CPU for hours on end when the new demo comes out. This time I've played 2 or 3 games in a few sessions and have absolutely no intention of playing the CPU again. Have yet to play against a human so will reserve judgement until then, but at the moment I don't feel like I need to get FIFA, and anyone who knows me will understand what a monumental statement that is.

Another thing, why do EA insist on 3 min halfs every year? You can't get a bloody feel for the game at all and they are totally detrimental to the experience. Is it so much to ask for 5 mins halfs?

• Advertisement

Underwhelmed by the demo like others.

Ill probably get it for 360 anyway seeing as though you can over your ultimate team and all to next gen. Ill just sell it before the Xbone comes out.

Advertisement