Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for copper jumpers for hob.

Options
  • 16-04-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi folks - a bit of help sought.

The attached picture shows the electrical connection on the underside of a Neff hob. Note the three U-shaped copper jumpers that are used to bring the live and neutral to the additional terminals (2+1 L and 1+1 N). The picture is from an old hob which was returned to Neff (with the jumpers!) and the replacement hob was delivered without jumpers. Neff haven't been helpful as they just say these are not part of their spare parts.

Can anyone help me identify where I would get these jumpers?

Thanks ...B

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

zx80 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me identify where I would get these jumpers?
    Make them out of 6 sq. cable.
    From your photo it looks like it would be possible to insert them on the opposite side of the terminals that you intend to connect to.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

2011 wrote: »
    Make them out of 6 sq. cable.

Is that the same as the L and N wires in the picture and can I buy this by the metre in eg Woodies or B&Q?

A bit of busbar cut into sections might sort you out too. Any wholesalers will sell you this

http://www.mhelec.co.uk/ekmps/shops/mhconsole/images/spare-busbar-for-consumer-unit-292-p.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

sometimes the jumpers are inside the cover and not fitted under the screws as per your pic

it looks like there is a slot for them above #4
    have a look in the new hob

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Thanks ... I'll have a look this evening in case I missed them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement