Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On diet but shaking trying to do gym workout

Options
  • 16-04-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all I started doing Weight Watchers at home last week, I need to lose weight but Ive found that due to the calorie cutback Im shaking during my workout. Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this? thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

sharshar68 wrote: »
    Hi all I started doing Weight Watchers at home last week, I need to lose weight but Ive found that due to the calorie cutback Im shaking during my workout. Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this? thanks:confused:

How man cals did you used to have?

What have you dropped down to?

What's the macro split of the cals?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

if ya aint shakin ya aint doin it right BRAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

God I dont know I ate healthily but big portions, example yesterday Branflakes and a yoghurt for brekkie, lunch half tin tuna 3 ryvita, dinner stir fry just chicken and veg then two slicesof homemade b bread and light cheese triangle and lots of water, workout was 40 mins on cross trainer at 11, 10 rowing, 10 stepper, 3 sets of squats with kettle bell, dumbell rows and weight machines after.

God I dont know I ate healthily but big portions, example yesterday Branflakes and a yoghurt for brekkie, lunch half tin tuna 3 ryvita, dinner stir fry just chicken and veg then two slicesof homemade b bread and light cheese triangle and lots of water, workout was 40 mins on cross trainer at 11, 10 rowing, 10 stepper, 3 sets of squats with kettle bell, dumbell rows and weight machines after.

That's a lot in a session! An hour of cardio before weights?

yes I love it though I really need to lose this weight ;)

• Advertisement

yes I love it though I really need to lose this weight ;)

Did you always do that much cardio before weights?

Don't rush the weight loss! Slow and steady!

no most days I do 40-45 mins but yesterday was a good day, Im sore today though ;)

no most days I do 40-45 mins but yesterday was a good day, Im sore today though ;)
    Sounds like you went a bit hypoglycaemic. Happens me if I do too much sometimes. Can also happen if you had a lot of simple sugars an hour or so before training I think.

ok Thanks maybe i need to eat more before I go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

From what I gather you're only eating about 900kcal per day which isn't nearly enough!

Have you calculated your maintanence calories etc??

Also, you're doing an awful lot of cardio.

Get a proper weights program together and do some cardio after your weights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

cut out the bread ryvita

Thanks Guys advice taken thank you, Im a woman so was doing the cardio first to lose the flab

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Eat a better breakfast, not one made of sugar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The key here is to basically do the complete opposite of everything your doing with regards nutrition and exercise.

really? so more food and less cardio?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I always do my weights after a gentle warm up on the Rower(5mins) easy pace...I am also a beginner so my weight work is light but i get a bit shaky in the last few reps of some sets.Fatigue will get you if you do hard cardio then weights imo
    As for cardio all i do on weight days is sit on the spinning bike turning easy for 20-30 mins,no mad resistance or sprints.

Im not a beginner Ive been a gym member for the last 6 months but weight loss was stuck after 6 pounds so i need to up my game and rehaul my diet, so fed up being fat, Im 5 foot and 11 st 5 as of last week, weigh in today so fingers crossed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Im not a beginner Ive been a gym member for the last 6 months but weight loss was stuck after 6 pounds so i need to up my game and rehaul my diet, so fed up being fat, Im 5 foot and 11 st 5 as of last week, weigh in today so fingers crossed! ;)

Are you magically hoping to have lost a few stone between now and your weigh in ?

More food, reverse the cardio /weights .. less sugar, less carbs ( but dont go crazy ) and hit your calories daily .. you shoudl be hitting 1500 - 1600 not aiming for those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another note,eat like someone who goes to the gym on a regular basis and not like someone on WW,following WW can help but you need to step away from it and look at your diet in general to see it is aiding your gym work or hindering it.

Advertisement