Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling Libraries in Windows 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why? If they bother you just dont use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Personally I have never used My Documents or libraries. I have always set up a separate partition for my data. I then set the default folder for saving to the appropriate folder on my data partition, in the options of whatever software I use or develop.

That way you can simply ignore libraries.

In addition it means I can image my OS partition and restore it if any tweeks or changes I may make go wrong, without affecting my data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ED E wrote: »
    Why? If they bother you just dont use them?

If I do that will copies not automatically appear in the libraries, it just annoys me:D if that happens.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    If I do that will copies not automatically appear in the libraries, it just annoys me:D if that happens.

If you only have one folder for each library set up, problems solved :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

omg:eek: think I just discovered the real problem, I had duplicate folders all over the place:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement