Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a EGLM *Ares/VFC* fit with 0 mods?

• 16-04-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Text in red = you do not have to answer this

I have searched about this nice combo yet I have found no results for this answer. Will a EGLM fit on a M4 (MK18 with Madbull DD 9.5 inch MK18 rails, and a 10.5 inch outer barrel) with 0 modifications?

2. Madbull receiver comp. and buffer tubes and charging handles

Which brand of buffer tube fits well or perfectly on a madbull receiver?
    Im looking at king arms buffer tubes or something which is cheap but not chinese cheap....cheap yet with quality ( medium quality?) and which brand of charging handle will *you get the idea*. I have heard there is some play with king arms charging handles.

Im kinda new in building M4 aegs since I have been sticking with very simple guns for a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

There isn't a definitive. It is possible, but not 100%. You may have to modify it slightly. Given the RIS rail you are using it is much more likely, as many of the problems occur from the delta ring and A-post sight.

The big issue is that the magwells may not align perfectly - it has been done before; some people have had to modify, others haven't.

If you are not prepared to modify anything, I wouldn't bother taking the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Not 100% sure with that rail, but vfc do fit one to an M4.
    This one;
    http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-AEG-SR15BR&search=searchItem&rs=vfc%20blaster&catid=&cat=

I have one of these and they fit perfectly.

Maybe see if anyone at your local Airsoft site has an eglm, you could try it on your set up before purchasing.
    I do agree with Inari that the problems normally occur with the delta ring setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Just to mention that the star/Ares ones are a slightly different fit, and in my own experience/ opinion are not as good quality as the vfc ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HaggardsSoap

Inari wrote: »
    There isn't a definitive. It is possible, but not 100%. You may have to modify it slightly. Given the RIS rail you are using it is much more likely, as many of the problems occur from the delta ring and A-post sight.

The big issue is that the magwells may not align perfectly - it has been done before; some people have had to modify, others haven't.

If you are not prepared to modify anything, I wouldn't bother taking the risk.

I am....if its just filing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

all depends on the type of receiver you have and the type of ris you will be using, the ris you have tbh from the top of my head is to long and to make it fit you would have to remove a large amount of the eglm to make it fit correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 HaggardsSoap

Puding wrote: »
    all depends on the type of receiver you have and the type of ris you will be using, the ris you have tbh from the top of my head is to long and to make it fit you would have to remove a large amount of the eglm to make it fit correctly

Well how long must the rails be? 7 inches?

Advertisement