Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darina Allen Ice-Cream

Options
  • 16-04-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if at one point you could buy this in shops?

I remember buying vanilla "home-made" ice cream with some woman's face on it named after her and I'm almost certain it was Darina Allen, it was fantastic though.

Anyone know if it's still available to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I used to get Darina Allen's Chocolate Icecream. It was divine. Haven't seen the tubs in the shops for years. Would love to able to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Definitely used to be available in Dunnes. There was a brown bread flavour which I remember being quite awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Ok so I'm not imagining it. Just need to find out if it still exists now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

There was a very nice honeycomb flavor one, with bits of crunchy honecomb through it , havent seen it in about a decade though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

I remember it to. I haven't seen it in years tough. Here's a recipe for it tough.

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/countryside/article/529095/Greatest-recipes-ever-Darina-Allen-s-vanilla-ice-cream.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

[Removing name of supermarket chain] single handedly slaughtered this by cloning it in every conceivable way and selling it for a third the price.

Then when it was gone they went back to their own watered down shjte.

Darina Allen's was some of the best ice cream ever sold in Ireland.

Advertisement