Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resort jobs in Canada 2013

Options
  • 16-04-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

Myself and my boyfriend have got our LOIs and are moving to Canada in June.

I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience of working in summer/winter resorts in Canada? I've heard some companies take on staff year round to work in both their summer resorts and winter resorts...has anyone done this?

I've been Googling resort work in Canada, however I don't know if the jobs look legitimate or not...many of the sites look a bit dodgy...

Any recommendations for good companies to work with or good sites to apply for work??

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on good locations? Where would be the best place with the most work options?

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michelleimpy

Hey,
    Did you have any luck with your resort job search?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

I worked in the Rocky Mountain resort town of Banff, AB from Nov 2012-March 2013 for the winter ski season.

I worked in housekeeping for the first 7 weeks (needed money ASAP so took anything I could get!).

Eventually I got a job as a lifty on the Banff Gondola http://www.explorerockies.com/banff-gondola/ - The gondola has much more staff in the summer as summer is a much busier than but they hire all year round.

Lots of housemates and friends worked for the local ski hills (Sunshine, Norquay and Lake Louise) and for the Banff Lodging Company which operates the moajority of hotels around the town.

I had a great time in Banff but don't expect to make much money living and working in these sorts of places. We got to ski and have lots of fun but had a huge hole in our pockets coming out of there!! Would still recommend it to anyone though!

Advertisement