Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I stop Phonewatch monitoring?

Options
  • 16-04-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I can ring Eircom and stop the monitoring on my phonewatch alarm system? I've been out of contract with them for a long time now and just have the basic monitoring via a dish or something in my attic. The system has not been seen by them for two years and I'm starting to get false alarms all over the place, both when I'm home with the alarm unarmed and when I'm away with it armed.

If I stop the monitoring which is costing a couple hundred euro a year, will I be able to get someone else to service the system/replace batteries etc and 1. Is this expensive and 2. Are there reliable companies available to do this?

Like everyone else we are feeling the pinch and trying to save a few bob, just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I can ring Eircom and stop the monitoring on my phonewatch alarm system? I've been out of contract with them for a long time now and just have the basic monitoring via a dish or something in my attic. The system has not been seen by them for two years and I'm starting to get false alarms all over the place, both when I'm home with the alarm unarmed and when I'm away with it armed.

If I stop the monitoring which is costing a couple hundred euro a year, will I be able to get someone else to service the system/replace batteries etc and 1. Is this expensive and 2. Are there reliable companies available to do this?
    You can cancel this once you are out of contract.
    They will try to tell you you need a callout to disconnect this. You don't they can disconnect it and cancel the sim from their end without any need to call out.
    Any licenced company can look after this for you & monitor it for you if you wish.
    Take a look over the PSA Register of licensed installers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scallywaggy

Excellent! Thanks so much for that KoolKid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

Like everyone else we are feeling the pinch and trying to save a few bob, just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance

Depending on the system you have installed you could also set it up to self monitor the alarm.
    Replacing batteries in sensors is also not a big deal and can be done by yourself.

What system have you got installed?

Advertisement