Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could wind cause broad bean leaves to blacken on edges?

• 16-04-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

So Yeah, My broad been plants were hardened off over a week or two and were thriving until we got those the 2 nights in a row of 110km/hr winds and rain, they were covered in fleece, and I moved them to an sheltered as possibile place (my porch actcually), do the blackened bits on the edge look like some kind of wind damage? I have 4 other broad bean plants, same age in the greenhouse and they are perfect.

heres a wee pic of the efffected plants.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/XxgOoSegalxX/100_0392_zpsc5077a28.jpg

100_0392_zpsc5077a28.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Yeah it looks like wind burn, but nothing too serious, wouldnt worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Hope so, these winds are desperate, thank god i doubled staked down my apple trees the night before or they'd be gone.

Advertisement