Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from golf for 6 months

Options
  • 16-04-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was banned from the golf forum for 6 months.I pm'd the mod involved 'Greebo' but after a few mesages he won't reply back.
    I pm's to ask him if he could quote what i was banned for as i forgot,he gave me some link that didn't work.
    As far as i can remember he said i would never be allowed to post in that forum ever again.(btw this ban was with my previous name 'heavyballs',i re-reged)
    if i abused him so badly i would have remembered.
    Look back through my posts and i agree i can be a grumpy ..... but most of the time i'm helpful.
    Can you please let me know what i was actually banned for.
    many thanks,
    Bob

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You acknowledge you are a re-reg of "heavyballs"

heavyballs received a 6 month ban from the Golf forum on 17 November for personal abuse. You started a thread aimed only at abusing a mod

You chose not to appeal that ban, but closed that account on 22 November. That ban cannot be appealed as the account is closed

You re-registered with this account on 27 November and subsequently posted in the Golf forum while your original account was banned (during December)

As a result of this you received a one week site ban and a 6 month ban from Golf for posting using an alternative account while banned.

TBH you are lucky not to be permanently banned from the forum for doing that

Ban upheld.

You may ask an Admin to review this should you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Beasty wrote: »
    You acknowledge you are a re-reg of "heavyballs"

heavyballs received a 6 month ban from the Golf forum on 17 November for personal abuse. You started a thread aimed only at abusing a mod

You chose not to appeal that ban, but closed that account on 22 November. That ban cannot be appealed as the account is closed

You re-registered with this account on 27 November and subsequently posted in the Golf forum while your original account was banned (during December)

As a result of this you received a one week site ban and a 6 month ban from Golf for posting using an alternative account while banned.

TBH you are lucky not to be permanently banned from the forum for doing that

Ban upheld.

You may ask an Admin to review this should you wish

i did not start a thread just to abuse a mod,i beleive it was to discuss if that mod should hold that position. The mod in question is probably one of the most arguementative posters on the site.
    I believe many people have complained about him.
    Anyway thanks for the reply.
    As a matter of interst do you know what the thread title was.
    Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

i did not start a thread just to abuse a mod,i beleive it was to discuss if that mod should hold that position. The mod in question is probably one of the most arguementative posters on the site.
    I believe many people have complained about him.
    Anyway thanks for the reply.
    As a matter of interst do you know what the thread title was.
    Thanks
    The thread title was the name of the mod. If I was a mod of that forum I would have banned you permanently from it, particularly following your return to post in the forum when already banned from it

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Beasty wrote: »
    The thread title was the name of the mod. If I was a mod of that forum I would have banned you permanently from it, particularly following your return to post in the forum when already banned from it

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

Na don't bother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement