Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Could I Go?

Options
  • 16-04-2013 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice or suggestions.

I have to take a year out before I start a postgrad in 2014. So, as such I have a free year to fill and I don't particularly want to take some boring old job to live in Dublin and pay the bills for the year. I would like to experience living and working somewhere else for a period of a few months up to a year.

As I say, I'm not looking for a permanent move or prospects or a great job just an adventure/experience. I have a few years office/marketing experience and have worked at various other things so can turn my hand to most things.

I'd like to go somewhere different but also somewhere different with a bit of and Irish community. Probably nothing as similar as London but not as different as China. I've thought about maybe teaching English, possibly in the middle east.

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any advice or other's peoples experiences. Is there anywhere it is relatively easy to get some sort of work or some sort of teaching job before I leave Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 innominat

If you have degree then maybe Korea. I lived there for a year and it was grand. Its is unlikely you would get and english teaching job in ME as they require either an Ma for TEFL jobs or teaching cert for public school. You could try Turkey as I dont think that requires a TEFL cert. Google daves esl cafe, it has lots of forums you should read and 3 job boards one for china one for korea and one for international. Also seeing ads for japan on there recently. Iv lived there and its great highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Thankd for the reply, I do have an MA but the Dubai for example seems to be mostly after proper, qualified teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 innominat

You could try SABIS they hire without Teaching Cert. work throughout middle east might still get hired for august starts.
    Try here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850976&page=61

Advertisement