Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Street Building

• 16-04-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm about to show my ignorance.

What is this building on Henry Street, sort of "diagonally" (very vague, sorry) across from the Garda Station? I was under the impression that it was once a fire-station but someone has since disabused of the notion, but they didn't know what it was either.

And is it currently in this condition?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Surrealean wrote: »
    I'm about to show my ignorance.

What is this building on Henry Street, sort of "diagonally" (very vague, sorry) across from the Garda Station? I was under the impression that it was once a fire-station but someone has since disabused of the notion, but they didn't know what it was either.

And is it currently in this condition?

It was part of the Post Office, Google Roches hanging gardens, I think they were part of this building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Correct! It was the post office parcel (and possibly other things) place before they moved down to the Docklands Business Park.

After searching for Roches hanging gardens they seem to be next door, closer to Lwr. Glentworth St.

The An Post building held the Admin staff and the Post Master's office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Street,_Limerick

other info on Henry St buildings. I didn't know there had been a Bishop's palace on Henry St

juneg wrote: »
    . I didn't know there had been a Bishop's palace on Henry St

Opp the building we're discussing here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement