Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vamo Replacement

Options
  • 16-04-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

So my Vamo looks like it's dead (as mentioned in other threads) and I'm looking around for a replacement.

I need something that can measure resistance and take 18650 batteries, not that bothered about looks really. Budget is 80 quid or less if possible. Also want something that lasts longer than 3 months:rolleyes:

So far I've been looking at the Zmax or the Innokin SVD, has anyone used them and how did you find them? Bit confused about all the different versions of the Zmax, smoktech vs sigelei etc, any advice would be appreciated. Or is there something else I should be considering?

Digby's provari is slightly tempting but a bit out of budget and no variable wattage is a bit of a drawback.

At the back of my mind is just to get another Vamo from TBS and hope it lasts a bit longer, they're so cheap.... Has anyone else had a Vamo die on them?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah go on... treat yourself

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I'm kinda in the same boat, vamo working fine after 4 months but chrome finish is going to sh*te. I'm thinking of getting the ss vamo this time.
    But yeah, buy digby's :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

ah go on... treat yourself

:)

I'd be more than happy to buy it Digby.... If it costs 80 euros or less:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

SVD is just WAY too big. So that's out.

Zmax - Sigelei's are better made by all accounts. Smoktech's are kind of like the Vamo, may or may not survive a drop or two. Sigelei's Zmax build quality is talked about in the same breath as the ProVari and without the usual "good quality...for China" get-out clause.
    However... It's not as precise as a ProVari, won't keep the resale value like a ProVari, and it's a bit bigger.

If you're desperately limited to sub-€100, Sigelei Zmax. If you can afford to think in terms of "can I exist without a night's beers?" for one night, ProVari.

Or just meet in the middle of those price points and get a TH mod (you should kick yourself that you didn't get Digby's at that price, absolute bargain, almost bought it myself but I'd've felt greedy...mmmmgunmetallllllllllllll).
    Very tough to break, 2-3 day battery life, doesn't look like a dildo.
    And this doesn't get talked up enough anymore, but you could slay a legion of scobes by accident just reaching for it, it's so weaponly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

grindle wrote: »
    If you're desperately limited to sub-€100, Sigelei Zmax. If you can afford to think in terms of "can I exist without a night's beers?" for one night, ProVari.
    Bloody hell Grind's the diffo between €80 and a provari is bout €140, fair play to you for being able to sink down 35 pints :P all I can manage is about 8 or 10 before I fall asleep :eek:

• Advertisement

We're talking about the difference between €80 and Digby's €160 ProVari!

€80 has been spent many a time before, although I'm sure I snuck in a couple of shorts and I usually drink the "fancy" beers. 10% price increase = 200% taste increase (minimum).

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

It's a bit of a cliche saying this, the Provari will save you money in the long run.
    The Chinese mods tend to pack up within a few months whereas the Provari will last a very long time and not let you down.

SVD is just WAY too big. So that's out.

Zmax - Sigelei's are better made by all accounts. Smoktech's are kind of like the Vamo, may or may not survive a drop or two. Sigelei's Zmax build quality is talked about in the same breath as the ProVari and without the usual "good quality...for China" get-out clause.
    However... It's not as precise as a ProVari, won't keep the resale value like a ProVari, and it's a bit bigger.

Or just meet in the middle of those price points and get a TH mod (you should kick yourself that you didn't get Digby's at that price, absolute bargain, almost bought it myself but I'd've felt greedy...mmmmgunmetallllllllllllll).
    Very tough to break, 2-3 day battery life, doesn't look like a dildo.
    And this doesn't get talked up enough anymore, but you could slay a legion of scobes by accident just reaching for it, it's so weaponly.

Regards the SVD I'm really not that bothered about looks or how big it is, has anyone on here bought one yet?

When you say the Sigelei Zmax is not as precise as a provari what do you mean? Really not that bothered about resale value either.

Wouldn't say I'm desparately limited to sub €100 but I don't think I could justify spending more, since Christmas I've spent way more on this than I would have on fags/rollies. Keep telling myself the expenditure will drop off soon as I get more stuff and I'll just need liquids but that hasn't been happening!

TH is interesting but carrying around a big box is even worse than a Vamo or SVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Would you not jsut get a replacement vamo ricky? Considering getting a second one myself.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Regards the SVD I'm really not that bothered about looks or how big it is, has anyone on here bought one yet?
    RATTLESHOUTYSHAKES should have it today...
    When you say the Sigelei Zmax is not as precise as a provari what do you mean? Really not that bothered about resale value either.
    The ProVari will fire at 4.6v exactly if that's what it's set to until the battery drops below nominal voltage, then it becomes slightly less precise (+/- hundredths of a volt).
    The Zmax will probably fire it at 4.57v or 4.64v from the off, veering up to a tenth of a volt off the mark as a battery dwindles.
    Miniscule difference but some demand precision...and then they move to mech mods and throw precision out the window.
    I wouldn't be too bothered about .05 of a volt myself as long as the coils are warm.

I know the feel with the spending, it's pretty frustrating. Wish I had Digby's sales courage but *checks to see if GF is around* I might be a little bit of a hoarder. Don't tell anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im a hoarder too, im just taking advantage of a brief moment of sanity to try and sell this stuff off and simplify my vaping :)

Lucutus wrote: »
    Would you not jsut get a replacement vamo ricky? Considering getting a second one myself.

Maybe that's the best option Lucutus, TBS have the SS version for 40 quid, even if it only lasts me 6 months that's not bad.
    RATTLESHOUTYSHAKES should have it today...

The ProVari will fire at 4.6v exactly if that's what it's set to until the battery drops below nominal voltage, then it becomes slightly less precise (+/- hundredths of a volt).
    The Zmax will probably fire it at 4.57v or 4.64v from the off, veering up to a tenth of a volt off the mark as a battery dwindles.
    Miniscule difference but some demand precision...and then they move to mech mods and throw precision out the window.
    I wouldn't be too bothered about .05 of a volt myself as long as the coils are warm.

I know the feel with the spending, it's pretty frustrating. Wish I had Digby's sales courage but *checks to see if GF is around* I might be a little bit of a hoarder. Don't tell anyone.

So it's either another Vamo (SS) for €45, I can get the telescope Sigelei Zmax (which looks decent enough) for about €75 from the states or the older Zmax for €70 euros from England. Decision decisions...

So it's either another Vamo (SS) for €45, I can get the telescope Sigelei Zmax (which looks decent enough) for about €75 from the states or the older Zmax for €70 euros from England. Decision decisions...
    I think your words speak for themselves.
    hypnotize7.gif
    Maaaaan, that telescope thing looks gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ESI will be getting in the sigeili zmax telescope. or the telescoping sigeili zmax. or the sigeili flat top telescope. or whatever the feck it's called!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

If you're looking for something cheap Ricky and you don't mind waiting, you can get the SS vamo from china for €28 delivered.

I was waiting 3 weeks for mine but its top notch, not a bother with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I've an evic here. It's like brand new, all the boxes, the kit, manual, two batteries and everything. Small scratch and dent that are invisible unless you look for them. €40.

I'd actually ask for more, but that's what I bought it from here and I don't want to make a profit from it.

Only selling it because it doesn't play nice with my T2s.

artyeva wrote: »
    ESI will be getting in the sigeili zmax telescope. or the telescoping sigeili zmax. or the sigeili flat top telescope. or whatever the feck it's called!

Any idea when? Maybe wingnut can confirm if he's reading this...
    superneat wrote: »
    If you're looking for something cheap Ricky and you don't mind waiting, you can get the SS vamo from china for €28 delivered.

I was waiting 3 weeks for mine but its top notch, not a bother with it!

Tempting but don't want to wait that long. I can't really rebuild anything at the moment as I can't check resistance.
    jamie72 wrote: »
    I've an evic here. It's like brand new, all the boxes, the kit, manual, two batteries and everything. Small scratch and dent that are invisible unless you look for them. €40.

I'd actually ask for more, but that's what I bought it from here and I don't want to make a profit from it.

Only selling it because it doesn't play nice with my T2s.

Go on so, sold:)

I'll give it a go for a few weeks until ESI get the squiggly telescope or whatever it's called in and then rehome it on here again. God I hope I'm not turning into Superneat...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

It's a fun mod. Great on my IGO-L, but my T2s are my bread and butter and if it doesn't work with them it's useless to me.

If you like fiddling with techy stuff it's good fun too. Send me your address.

I'm just in the door from the post office. A few minutes earlier and you'd have it tomorrow :)

EDIT: oh and ricky, you can get a multimeter for checking resistance for a little over a fiver:
    http://dx.com/s/multimeter

jamie72 wrote: »
    It's a fun mod. Great on my IGO-L, but my T2s are my bread and butter and if it doesn't work with them it's useless to me.

If you like fiddling with techy stuff it's good fun too. Send me your address.

I'm just in the door from the post office. A few minutes earlier and you'd have it tomorrow :)

EDIT: oh and ricky, you can get a multimeter for checking resistance for a little over a fiver:
    http://dx.com/s/multimeter

Not to worry, once I have it for the weekend I'll be happy enough. I honestly didn't realise multimeters were that cheap, still it's probably easier just to use your vaping device.

pm with address on the way

Any idea when? Maybe wingnut can confirm if he's reading this...
    From the Irish Vaping page on FB [talking about the Vamo being replaced].
    Adam, I dont think we will get them back in again, failure rate is to high for our liking. They will be replaced with something a little better in two weeks :)
    is it the sigeli flat top telescope?! i bet it is. is it?
    yes it is :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement