Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible failing hard drive

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

If its not one thing with this PC its another recently upgraded the RAM in my desktop due to errors within inside Windows programs constantly crashing/ not working at all. The crashing has gone away for the most part but I am now experiencing random BSODs for example DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGMENT ERROR. I have reinstalled Windows to no avail really not to sure where to look have all the correct drivers from Asus website also when booting from the Windows installation disc it also gave a BSOD but rebooted and then worked fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

When you say upgrade, do you mean replaced the current ram or added to it?

Try running with only 1 stick of ram at a time, if it BSOD's, swap that stick for another, try and work out if its the ram (all of it or one stick of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

platinums wrote: »
    When you say upgrade, do you mean replaced the current ram or added to it?

Try running with only 1 stick of ram at a time, if it BSOD's, swap that stick for another, try and work out if its the ram (all of it or one stick of it)

Replaced should say removed the old RAM. Installed the old RAM back last night PC seems to be running fine now would it be my settings in the BIOS are incorrect or the new RAM is dody?

Advertisement