Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NQT Induction Workshop Update

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Haven't been able to bring myself to go back after the first one. Here's to hoping they make them online courses before my 3 years are up!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Ugh why would the TC make a change so late in the year? I've done ten and will prob do the last two just to have them done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Apparently they read the feedback forms . Why not wait until the end and read all reports together. Also last year ( before it was compulsory) there were only ten workshops. The council added two extra .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Are the workshops any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

TheBody wrote: »

They are useless. Had my 10th and final one last night. The co-ordinator informed us that we now only have to complete 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

They are useless. Had my 10th and final one last night. The co-ordinator informed us that we now only have to complete 10.

A lot like most of the content of the dip so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Does this mean that people currently attending (compulsory) the workshops can forget about the final two left?

Yep, once you've registered since July and completed 10 workshops you don't need to attend the final two. Can't believe it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

TheBody wrote: »

A lot of it is repetition but I found some of them good. They kept me thinking about teaching while I was looking for work.

I hate the stupid walking debate stuff and how childish many of the tasks were. Now I know how the kids feel when asked to do group work in school lol.

I'm not sure how I would change them to make them better. I think more specialized seminars on topics would be better. A lot of the content was fluff. Good for having a chat about how we were all getting on as NQTs, meeting other teachers and seeing how they handled different situations, problems etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gaeilgeinniu

What year did the workshops become compulsory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Just this year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Heydeldel wrote: »
    A lot of it is repetition but I found some of them good. They kept me thinking about teaching while I was looking for work.

I hate the stupid walking debate stuff and how childish many of the tasks were. Now I know how the kids feel when asked to do group work in school lol.

I'm not sure how I would change them to make them better. I think more specialized seminars on topics would be better. A lot of the content was fluff. Good for having a chat about how we were all getting on as NQTs, meeting other teachers and seeing how they handled different situations, problems etc.

I know how you feel. I think they sometimes forget that we are qualified adults not children :(

Advertisement