Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Dream about Boston Marathon bombing

Options
  • 17-04-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

A friend dreamed years ago about the Boston Marathon bombing. If anyone is interested I can send them a screen shot of the post on a forum - I'm not sure I'm allowed to post it here, nor am I sure that I know how. Perhaps someone could advise me about that here too.

What they are worried about is, could someone have got the idea of doing this from them posting their dream on an open forum, rather than that this was an example of precognition? They have had other dreams that came true, this is not a once-off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Martin Luther King also had a dream..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Wouldn't you call that a nightmare op ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Bob Marley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yes, your friend is to blame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Where was your friend yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

Yes, you are right, a nightmare, weisses. They were pretty upset by how real it seemed, and contacted the organisers of the marathon, but no-one got back. I suppose it's just a big coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Bob Marley.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy"

-Abraham Lincoln

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

virino wrote: »
    Yes, you are right, a nightmare, weisses. They were pretty upset by how real it seemed, and contacted the organisers of the marathon, but no-one got back. I suppose it's just a big coincidence.

When did they contact the organisers?
    Before the race?
    Years ago?
    Today?

What did they hope to achieve by doing this? (unless it was to phone in a warning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'd love to see a screenshot of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

How about a link to the post from that forum?

• Advertisement

They contacted them when they had the dream, 2002, to be exact. SV, I can private message you - would a screenshot copy into the message, do you think?

They contacted them when they had the dream, 2002, to be exact. SV, I can private message you - would a screenshot copy into the message, do you think?

I'm sure it would, an image is an image?

Ok, the forum was open, but was closed to passwords only yesterday. However, I got the screen shot. One problem is, the dream identified possible perpetrators, and this might cause some people to be unjustly targetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Trudiha

Did she see who did it, does she know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ok, the forum was open, but was closed to passwords only yesterday. However, I got the screen shot. One problem is, the dream identified possible perpetrators, and this might cause some people to be unjustly targetted.

Nothing like a good old fashioned witch hunt. Get it posted.

Yes, she did, but that could provoke a witch hunt, if it were posted openly, couldn't it?

SV, I tried to send you the shot in a PM, I have sent you my email address...

We both used the same expression though I posted after you, ColeTrain.

Has anyone any idea how to post a screen shot, it wouldn't paste into the pm.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

We both used the same expression though I posted after you, ColeTrain.

Has anyone any idea how to post a screen shot, it wouldn't paste into the pm.?
    you just post the link. It wont appear as a photo in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Trudiha

A witch hunt of real people or lizard people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Yes, she did, but that could provoke a witch hunt, if it were posted openly, couldn't it?

SV, I tried to send you the shot in a PM, I have sent you my email address...

I'd be interested to see just how specific this dream was.

I'm calling bullsh!t until then, because, well, I can easily remember dreams I had 11 years ago!!

Besides, it's not like terrorists aren't very good at finding new ways to detonate explosives in crowded areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There's always the possibility whoever was behind the bombing took inspiration from the dream (If it's on a public forum) rather than the dream being a prediction of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pendu

There will be another bombing/shooting in a given country within the next decade with its own unique characteristics.

Of the 7 billion people on the planet over the next decade one of these people will dream of a scenario somewhat close to the details of the event.

heres mine - school shooting in los angeles with racial element and car chase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Zyzz wrote: »
    Martin Luther King also had a dream..

i had a dreamcast. house of the dead 2 was class

partyatmygaff, yes, that was the fear of the person who had the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

partyatmygaff, yes, that was the fear of the person who had the dream.

youre never going to post the pic are you?
    youre just the boards equivalent of babestation

Not overly specific, and the posting is from 2002, weird how it was remembered now?

It's kind of interesting really, but from how specific it is I wouldn't say it's a premonition or that anyone took ideas from it. Just a strange dream really.

OP, do you want me to post the screenshot up here for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

i had a dreamcast. house of the dead 2 was class

Did you play as a horse in Daytona? :D

Hi SV, there are no names, but you could imagine people rooting around to fit people to the profile. The dreamer found the dream unforgettable, hence the reason for posting it in the first place.

If you think that would not be a danger, post the screenshot.

Hi SV, there are no names, but you could imagine people rooting around to fit people to the profile. The dreamer found the dream unforgettable, hence the reason for posting it in the first place.

If you think that would not be a danger, post the screenshot.

I don't think I'm in a position to say what people might or might not do.
    The description of who might be involved is specific enough for anyone deluded to go on a man hunt, so I think I'll hold off on posting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

People are making up all kinds of wild and equally baseless theories already without this thread so I don't see the harm.

(Or maybe not... if it's as specific as SV says)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement