Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of mind for nursing - CAO

• 17-04-2013 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering if you can change your course choices for Nursing level 8 during the May - July change of mind period?
    I have read the CAO Handbook and it doesn't seem to mention anything about this aside from if you're a mature student, you can't.

But because nursing is a restricted course, I'm unsure if I will be able to change. And I don't want to delete a course choice only to find I can't put another back in its place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Best to email them to check if you're unsure. But yeah according to their website it seems you're right.
    Restricted-Application Courses which are added for the first time via a Change of Mind are invalid choices and will not be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭smallgarden

it depends on the nursing course.i think some are restricted as they have interviews but i think the ones without interviews are not restricted and you can put them down. the restricted ones have had interviews by now so no point in putting them down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Went ahead and emailed them.

Got this
    You can change your nursing courses and add new

ones. Its only mature nursing courses that are

restricted.

there is definitely one general nursing standard that is restricted, think its adelaide one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

there is definitely one general nursing standard that is restricted, think its adelaide one

Possibly. I never really got what that course was anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Yes adelaide is just a little different in the way it is run, an interview is done for adelaide but that is the only restricted one as far as i know

adelaide is trinity working in tallaght hospital,the a in amnch is for adelaide,they kept the interview where as the rest dropped it from the selection process

Advertisement