Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another restaurant on the way??

Options
  • 17-04-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I see there's an application for another café to be opened in Greystones. This time in the former bookmakers "Ladbrokes" on Church Road. It was in yesterday's North Wicklow Times in the name of Caroline Gray. A brave person to contemplate another food outlet in these times.
    Last Sunday's Independent outlined plans for The Delgany Inn. A bakery shop and eatery. Reports abound (unconfirmed) that the former Script/Greystones Lodge is to be an Avoca outlet. Interesting to see if that's true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

If they're good. They survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It's great to see businesses giving it a go. Has saturation point been reached for eateries in Greystones? It doesn't seem like it - the ones that fail are the ones that provide poor quality of food - we Greystonians ain't stupid!

Anywho, I hear there's a new barbers going in near the harbour (ex-art gallery place)?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Where are all the pubs? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Mrs R's has shook that up! The burnaby has improved a bit. The Horse and Hound at Delgany is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

astrofluff wrote: »
    It's great to see businesses giving it a go. Has saturation point been reached for eateries in Greystones? It doesn't seem like it - the ones that fail are the ones that provide poor quality of food - we Greystonians ain't stupid!

Anywho, I hear there's a new barbers going in near the harbour (ex-art gallery place)?

There are also plans to open a barbers within the new gogym

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what's the saturation point for barbers? There's already 4 in the village - for years there was only 2 (and Frank Clark was never that busy).

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

loyatemu wrote: »
    what's the saturation point for barbers? There's already 4 in the village - for years there was only 2 (and Frank Clark was never that busy).

I dont know but there are a few times i have walked from one to another to find one without a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

astrofluff wrote: »

Some years ago a girl from 'Declans' was going to open a barbers in that place, ' The Harbour Barber' she was calling it, according to herself at the time it was just a matter of getting the last few bits and pieces and then it was go..

Obviously didn't happen, and come to think of it haven't seen her since....

Advertisement