Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastwall Road New pedestrian island at Aldi

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

What genius decided to put a pedestrian island in the middle of the Eastwall Road at the new Aldi (Outside the old Tucks building)

This is causing mayhem in rush hour as the traffic is being forced from 2 lanes to 1.

Does anyone know who is responsible for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

F1 fanatic wrote: »
    Hi

What genius decided to put a pedestrian island in the middle of the Eastwall Road at the new Aldi (Outside the old Tucks building)

This is causing mayhem in rush hour as the traffic is being forced from 2 lanes to 1.

Does anyone know who is responsible for this.

I say some genius in dcc roads department.pity they wouldn't fix the rest of the road it's like it's been carpet bombed the potholes are that big.in fairness though the traffic island will be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭F1 fanatic

I think they would have been better off putting traffic lights there instead.
    At least the flow of 2 lanes would have been maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

I was just thinking about the chaos when someone wants to turn right leaving the aldi carpark.that's going be a disaster or if your coming up from the port direction and want to turn right in to the carpark that's going to cause a bit of a hold up.ah well it's nearly built now I'm sure these people go to college for years and don't learn a thing about common sense

Advertisement