Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Manchester United Match Thread. 17/4/2013 ko.19.45 SkySports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Carroll went in kamikaze style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Nasty hoofball rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I know Fergie has a point for that awfully thuggish corner strategy but it's hilarious watching him point and give out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

kmart6 wrote: »
    To think of the amount of crap that was written about De gea and not being able for the physicality he seems alright after getting mowed out of it there! Hardy fcuker!

Hes not English and hes not Joe Hart simples really.

Sky will only mention Andy Carroll when they start talking about it :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

More horrible chants from united fans aimed at Hillsborough. Christ ye are obsessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

rob316 wrote: »
    More horrible chants from united fans aimed at Hillsborough. Christ ye are obsessed.

ye?

actually you were the lad who tried this kind of crap in the Stoke thread? Run along now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Carroll is an animal and should have been off for that

He should have been sent off for the stamp on Rooney. Ridiculous that he got away with that and the "challenge" on De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Great punch from DDG under pressure.Carroll should have been booked for that ,never had a chance of getting near the ball .
    Hopefully United pick up the pace and put a few past West Ham ,hate those *****.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Carroll is an animal and should have been off for that
    Christ almighty :rolleyes:
    Fuhrer wrote: »
    Nasty hoofball rubbish
    How original. Not watching the game then I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

rob316 wrote: »

Says the Liverpool fan posting on the United match thread. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would love us to win this. Need to improve some amount for that to happen.

Can see this finishing 2-2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saying he should be off is OTT, but it was a nasty challange.

Anyway, ok first half from United, but some players are not having good games. Wouldn't mind seeing Rooney off asap tbh.

Christ almighty :rolleyes:

How original. Not watching the game then I presume.

Yeah, I am.

Thats why I commented on the nasty hoofball rubbish.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Great punch from DDG under pressure.Carroll should have been booked for that ,never had a chance of getting near the ball .
    Hopefully United pick up the pace and put a few past West Ham ,hate those *****.

Theres just something ''Lovely'' about teams from London in general shower of _ _ _ _ _.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ye?

Really wish that i could not see the comments of people i have on ignore when somebody quotes them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

And btw I wouldn't swap DeGea for any goalkeeper in the premiership. He's been getting better and better with each game. His distribution is first class...apart from that fluffed clearance earlier lol.

But seriously he's improved something else this season. What is he 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What have ye made of Rooney in that first half? Getting caught on the ball and not looking that interested in the game at all,he has been hard to figure out this season.

Really wish that i could not see the comments of people i have on ignore when somebody quotes them.

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Any surprise if Rooney gets carted off half time? He's been non existent and certainly doesn't look like he's up for it.

Good advice.

Job done. Ask others to do same.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am.

Thats why I commented on the nasty hoofball rubbish.
    Was our goal an example of hoofball then?
    I'm extremely confused. I thought hoofball was just mindlessly pumping long balls from everywhere throughout the game. Obviously you have a different definition.

Jesus listening to Trevor Brooking is terrible. Mumbling....

What have ye made of Rooney in that first half? Getting caught on the ball and not looking that interested in the game at all,he has been hard to figure out this season.

Totally agree with last point.

Been poor so far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if its been asked already, but as the whistle went and the camera was on SAF, was that Ashley Young on crutches in the background?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Carroll is some weapon.

dubmick wrote: »
    He should have been sent off for the stamp on Rooney. Ridiculous that he got away with that and the "challenge" on De Gea.

And what about Rooney's little stamp beforehand? Nothing about that?

Was our goal an example of hoofball then?
    I'm extremely confused. I thought hoofball was just mindlessly pumping long balls from everywhere throughout the game. Obviously you have a different definition.

hoof the ball into the air and have one of those brain dead donkeys clatter into the ball and hope it rolls in, thats pretty much West Ham all of the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

sea_monkey wrote: »
    andy carroll kicking rooney and then flying into de gea.

scumbag

Rooney kicked Carroll, as just pointed out on Sky :rolleyes:

hoof the ball into the air and have one of those brain dead donkeys clatter into the ball and hope it rolls in, thats pretty much West Ham all of the first half

Don't mind them playing hoof ball.

It's the aggressive nature and sly digs that's problem.

One thing to be physical another to be dirty.

• Advertisement

lol im telling ya if that was on Joe Hart the chaps in the studio there be talking about how that was ''A wreckless dangerous non tackle on Englands number 1 bla bla bla''.

Instead its all laughed off when these things happen its as clear as day how they feel about things really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And what about Rooney's little stamp beforehand? Nothing about that?

Jaysus I hope Carroll is alright. He should probably get an xray just to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if its been asked already, but as the whistle went and the camera was on SAF, was that Ashley Young on crutches in the background?
    It was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

markc1184 wrote: »

YUP !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

sorry

Its fine Timothy.

Carroll is some donkey.

fixed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Carroll is some weapon.

North Korea have put in a bid.

yabadabado wrote: »
    fixed

He will score now ha!

Anything on our goal then? I only saw a quick counter attack with our winger running rings around your defender and when the only time the ball was in the air was in the box.
    Carry on with your tired, unimaginative (not to mention false) clichés though.

Anything on our goal then? I only saw a quick counter attack with our winger running rings around your defender and when the only time the ball was in the air was in the box.

Yous have been mostly ****e all season so i can understand if your getting excited about this ''flowing attacking goal'' only you seem to of seen :pac:.

Jaysus I hope Carroll is alright. He should probably get an xray just to be safe.
    Eh, what on Earth are you talking about? One of your fellow Man U fans claimed Carroll should have been sent off for a "stamp" when Rooney was the first to "stamp". Double standards from Man Utd fans I think.

• Advertisement

Its fine Timothy.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Super Andy Carroll...:pac:

Horse-Exercise-Ball-Fail.gif

**** that should of been 2-1 there either van persie deffo jones!!!!

why the **** is this gimp on sky still making jokes about Carroll's lunge on DDG?Nasty challenge not something that should be laughed about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

dubmick wrote: »
    And btw I wouldn't swap DeGea for any goalkeeper in the premiership. He's been getting better and better with each game. His distribution is first class...apart from that fluffed clearance earlier lol.

But seriously he's improved something else this season. What is he 22?

He hasn't improved that much, in my opinion. He's just more protected under high ball now. He's a great shot stopper, always has been. He's horrendous under high ball, it remains to be seen if he'll ever be good at that. I'd way rather have Cech, he's still only 30 (plenty of seaons left in a keeper of 30) and a far better all round keeper. I'd also rather Begovic.

I don't get why DDG has gone from so over the top hated to so over the top loved for so little. One of the best shot stoppers I've seen, not one of the best keepers I've seen by a long shot. He could be but right now, nah.

Unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has RVP backed Jones to score or what? :) or else he must have him in his FF team this week

Great ball by Rooney,more of that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fcuk sake Jones

You forgot about the part where the ball was hoofed up into the air, to have one of you awful cloggers bash into people and clog the ball hoping for the best until another one of the awful cloggers clogged the ball in.

Pure unadultered tiki-taka

lol Alan Smith saying Rio has being rattled by Andy Carroll.

• Advertisement
Advertisement