Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Manchester United Match Thread. 17/4/2013 ko.19.45 SkySports.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dont understand why fergie doesnt sign a central midfielder who can play, hes doing the same crap as years ago with Alan smith now with jones and Rooney. Just buy someone who can play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd have taken that before the game and I suppose it was a fair result given that Man U were all over us towards the end. But I'm gutted that we had Stevie Wonder running the line for the second equalising goal. Not even close to being onside.

Diame was immense for us as was Carroll. Some beautiful play by us at times as well as evidenced by the two goals. But of course the same simpletons will go on and on about hoofball while showing they know absolutely nothing about football.

Come on you Irons!
    Can see this finishing 2-2
    Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Ferguson is costing us the title. How Jones remained on the pitch just baffles.

Urgency is needed big time for Villa. We cant keep playing the way we are or chelsea and arsenal will kill us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good shout.

I wish I was wrong:pac:

Credit where credit is due ye were full value for the point tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

how the **** did Carroll get MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

edgecutter wrote: »
    Ferguson is costing us the title.
    Stop being hysterical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

yabadabado wrote: »

By playing really well? By making numerous key plays throughout the game?

Seemed a fairly reasonable shout.

Vidic dominated him all game, but he was very good against Ferdinand(who was awful which is unlike him) and good in defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sir Trev: easy on the bleach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A draw was a fair result, United in no way deserved to win that. A uncharacteristically off night for Carrick too.

Nailz wrote: »
    Stop being hysterical.

It ain't mate. Fergie has made some awful decisions the past couple of games that have been poor. Taking Kagawa off today, playing giggs against city and making very late or poor subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

edgecutter wrote: »
    It ain't mate. Fergie has made some awful decisions the past couple of games that have been poor. Taking Kagawa off today, playing giggs against city and making very late or poor subs.
    I agree, his decisions, particularly taking Kagawa off today, have been very much below par. But saying he's costing us the title is a bit much now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    By playing really well? By making numerous key plays throughout the game?

Seemed a fairly reasonable shout.
    He worked hard and was a nuisance but he definitely didn't make numerous key plays.

He worked hard and was a nuisance but he definitely didn't make numerous key plays.
    Defended extremely well, especially with his clearance off the boot of Hernandez towards the end. Also created the first goal. While I'm not entirely sure he was MOTM (Kagawa was quality I have to say), he certainly had an excellent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How did fergie say "I didn't see that" with a straight face? It even looked like he was holding in a smirk as he said it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Cienciano wrote: »
    How did fergie say "I didn't see that" with a straight face? It even looked like he was holding in a smirk as he said it

He usually does that, most managers do in that position!

ivwESBQymNDGa.gif
    Wonderful, wonderful goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Seeing Carroll tonight and in many other games, I can not help but LOL hard. The 35 M transfer will never be beaten in terms of hilarity and value. He's like bambi on ice with a few nasty moments in between.

Montroseee wrote: »
    Seeing Carroll tonight and in many other games, I can not help but LOL hard. The 35 M transfer will never be beaten in terms of hilarity and value. He's like bambi on ice with a few nasty moments in between.
    And yet he was given MOTM. More Bambi on ice in that case. I'd take him permanently in a heartbeat, though obviously at a massively reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Good point i suppose just a bit hard to take with United's second being off-side. Good performance overall and just about safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Carroll is no £35 million pound player but he gets some awful stick and is a lot better than he is given credit for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

me89 wrote: »
    Good point i suppose just a bit hard to take with United's second being off-side. Good performance overall and just about safe.
    Them's the breaks as they say. Could easily have been coming out for the second half with 10 v 11 and a highly probable defeat. The draw was a fair result in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Proud of West Ham tonight , we gave it a right go from the off and unlucky not to win it. Bit of investment in summer and we can get higher up table. Big Sam got team full of passion and knowledgeable about game plan every game we are far away from the Avram era at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Man United very happy with their draw.

ivwESBQymNDGa.gif
    Wonderful, wonderful goal.

Its what Mo Mo Does :cool:

Can we keep Mo Mo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm sorry but Jones is a waste of space in CM, really pisses me off since last season playing him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Jones is a waste of space in CM, really pisses me off since last season playing him there.

Couldn't agree more, he just kicks people off the ball ala stoke style, he'll get away with it against the small teams because of uniteds multi million attack but against any good team he's a real weakness in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jones was brilliant in the first leg vs Madrid.

Short memories round here certainly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Montroseee wrote: »
    adox wrote: »
    Carroll is no £35 million pound player but he gets some awful stick and is a lot better than he is given credit for.

He's good enough to be a Premiership starter for a long time, capable of giving a more limited side a target to play off and benefit from 10 - 15 goals a season.

People severely underestimate how good a player has to be to achieve that.

Never should have been signed for £35m, but if West Ham were to take him of us for ~£12m I think it would be a decent signing for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The offside goal united went crazy about earlier in the season, they got their justice last night, just shows things do even out over a season.

The offside goal united went crazy about earlier in the season, they got their justice last night, just shows things do even out over a season.

Whatt??? an offside goal should never be allowed. FULL STOP, rules are rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it just me or has there been a higher than usual number of offside goals this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yes, assistants are paid to get it right. and we all get píssed when they get it wrong and it goes against our team. I say this as someone whose been damn close to punching televisions when decisions go against my team.

but I find it hilarious how much vitriol we direct towards these people when it quite literally is a split second judgment.

RVP was offside. a big call gone wrong. but a millisecond after Kagawa strikes the ball, a West Ham defender drops back, and it probably seemed to the assistant that RVP was well onside. i mean FFS, the West Ham players didn't even protest. they thought he was on.

it's just one of those calls that goes against you.

it wasn't the same as a guy running through on goal, all the while in an offside position. it was actually horrendously difficult to get right.

Sam says it was an obvious call, but it really wasn't. he's seen it on TV, probably with the line across the 6 yard box, with Sky stopping the tape for him at the split second Kagawa hit it. like the rest of us who are appalled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Agree with the above, its an awfully hard job, the speed of the game has increased so much.

Just feeel with all the furore made about Goalline technology, this is potentially a bigger issue as it seems twice a week it is happening.

and just to clarify, I've little sympathy for them when the get stuff like Cissé's wrong at the weekend.

he wasn't even level, he was behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Linesman calls will always go wrong few times in every game as its impossible to watch the ball leave players foot and see if player receiving the pass is offside at same time.

Its different if few yards, but on close decisions I can never blame any official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mancini whinging about it too,"If they hadn’t scored an offside goal it would be even fewer points. We could have got it down to nine."

And they don't like being called Bitters.

zerks wrote: »
    Mancini whinging about it too,"If they hadn’t scored an offside goal it would be even fewer points. We could have got it down to nine."

And they don't like being called Bitters.

Fergie is just as bitter when things go wrong, so I wouldn't point too many fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

SlickRic wrote: »
    yes, assistants are paid to get it right. and we all get píssed when they get it wrong and it goes against our team. I say this as someone whose been damn close to punching televisions when decisions go against my team.

but I find it hilarious how much vitriol we direct towards these people when it quite literally is a split second judgment.

RVP was offside. a big call gone wrong. but a millisecond after Kagawa strikes the ball, a West Ham defender drops back, and it probably seemed to the assistant that RVP was well onside. i mean FFS, the West Ham players didn't even protest. they thought he was on.

it's just one of those calls that goes against you.

it wasn't the same as a guy running through on goal, all the while in an offside position. it was actually horrendously difficult to get right.

Sam says it was an obvious call, but it really wasn't. he's seen it on TV, probably with the line across the 6 yard box, with Sky stopping the tape for him at the split second Kagawa hit it. like the rest of us who are appalled.

Yup. It was like the offside call against United in the 4-3 derby. They called Young offside when the City players were running out. He was clearly a yard onside when the ball was played but the crossover of players meant that he looked about 4 yards offside when the ball got to him. Hard to criticise in those circumstances when it all happens so quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jones was brilliant in the first leg vs Madrid.

Short memories round here certainly...

No he wasn't brilliant and name another game he was when deployed in CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Whatt??? an offside goal should never be allowed. FULL STOP, rules are rules.

When did I say it should be allowed?I'm saying united fans were going crazy and fergie at the one that went against them earlier in the season, they weren't giving out last night,so it does even out.

Advertisement