Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale - our house also in the pic!

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

The house next door to us was put on the market last week. We went online just to have a look at the advert. There is only one pic posted up however, it shows the house we are living in almost as much as the house which is actually listed for sale. (Both houses are detached in a housing estate).

The thing is both houses are owned by the same person (we are renting) - and before the houses were put up for sale we were given first refusal to buy and we are in negoations regarding buying it.

Am I right to be cheesed of that the house we are living in is as much in the photo as the actual house for sale? I don't feel that we are in a position to contact the estate agent to complain as we are only renting the house. Now that I look at the photo again, it looks like both houses are being advertised by the photo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Unless the house is actively for sale then I dont see what issue it is for you? Someone rings and enquires about number 2 only to be told sorry, its actually number 1 thats for sale.

You might want to enquire of your landlord though and make sure that it actually is your next door neighbours house that is up for sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    The house next door to us was put on the market last week. We went online just to have a look at the advert. There is only one pic posted up however, it shows the house we are living in almost as much as the house which is actually listed for sale. (Both houses are detached in a housing estate).

The thing is both houses are owned by the same person (we are renting) - and before the houses were put up for sale we were given first refusal to buy and we are in negoations regarding buying it.

Am I right to be cheesed of that the house we are living in is as much in the photo as the actual house for sale? I don't feel that we are in a position to contact the estate agent to complain as we are only renting the house. Now that I look at the photo again, it looks like both houses are being advertised by the photo!

I don't understand why you would be offended? Are you or your family caught into the photo? Do you think it poses a security risk to you?

And technically - if you are in negotiations regarding buying it then it is for sale! :) I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to take a photo of a house in its 'setting' tbh.

If I was looking at a house, I'd be very interesting to see the houses either side (but that's what google streetview is for! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The ad referrs to the correct house no for sale (eg if we were no 1, the ad says No 2 House Estate, Town). It just find it a bit odd that the photo clearly has the two houses in it, it's not accidental.

I supose if our negoations fall through, they don't have to come back out to take another photo for putting the house on the market!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I don't think it's that odd or unusual. I had a quick look at daft for my county and there are a number of houses in the first few pages where more than one house is visable, esp for semi detached houses.

Advertisement