Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended estates in Wicklow town

• 17-04-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me please? I am seriously considering moving to Wicklow Town and am just wondering what estates people who live there would recommend? Have been looking online at Mount Carmel Avenue and Saunders Lane just down the road in Rathnew.Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 lewlew

There are a few nice places to live in Wicklow Town. Wicklow Heights, Mount Carmel are all nice. The views from that side of the town are nicer than the other. Even though the estates up the Marlton Road and Rocky Road are all nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I've lived for nearly a decade in Wicklow Heights, it aint that nice, though there are much worse.

If you look at a map of the town, the north side tends to have the nicer estates.
    (residents associations and everything).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Thanks a mill for your advice folks. Will have a look at a map ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

We live in Grahams court - very happy here. It's a nice and quiet estate. There is now a pre-school at the top of the estate too, if that's something you need.

Thanks again for your comments. Is Graham's Court not very far out of the town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Milly82 wrote: »
    Thanks again for your comments. Is Graham's Court not very far out of the town?

I can walk into town in about 15 minutes. I think it's about 2.5kms to the tesco there, and that's driving, so walking would be a bit shorter than that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Have you looked around the Seapoint / Bayside Glen / Yachtsman's Point area?
    I live there and it's quite nice. About a 15/20min walk from the town centre. Only real issue is that the nearest bus stop is a walk away too.

Rua1 wrote: »
    I can walk into town in about 15 minutes. I think it's about 2.5kms to the tesco there, and that's driving, so walking would be a bit shorter than that.

Ah that's not too bad, was thinking it seemed a lot longer:confused:

Have you looked around the Seapoint / Bayside Glen / Yachtsman's Point area?
    I live there and it's quite nice. About a 15/20min walk from the town centre. Only real issue is that the nearest bus stop is a walk away too.

No I haven't actually, must look them up. Thanks a mill :)

Advertisement