Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Routers

• 17-04-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hope i'm in the right section about this,Anywho, we were about to go with Vodafone Broadband until we found out the 18month contract, so we cancelled it before any payment was put through. However they did send us a router.We went with Magnet, got the router, everything fine. My housemate complains about the router being crap etc etc. Will changing the router with the vodafone router be anygood? Any improvement?i'm very sceptical about it and thought its not really the router fault but of the bandwidth and capacity of the line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Basically no. Anything you get from an ISP is cheap cr*p. You'd need to spend €100+ for a decent router. Even that wont make much of a difference to anything though.

Magnet broadband is known for being dodgy and unreliable so its probably that.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Cheers for the response, yeah was thinking that alright. No worrries. Thanks very much.

Advertisement