Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best broadband provider in Tramore?

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Moving into a new house in Tramore and will need to get broadband sorted. Any fibre providers on the horizon or has the enhanced broadband finally been rolled out? Or is still a case of if you're going with phoneline just choose Eircom/Vodafone based on price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

robocode wrote: »
    Moving into a new house in Tramore and will need to get broadband sorted. Any fibre providers on the horizon or has the enhanced broadband finally been rolled out? Or is still a case of if you're going with phoneline just choose Eircom/Vodafone based on price?

Hi. I have had most of the broadband providers at one stage or another. Im in Somerville. Basically the lines are capped at 5 megs. No matter who u use. So make your decision on price. I have been using Meteor 3g for the last year. Its as good as the rest. However recently the coverage has been terrible. As far as I know fibre will not make it here for a very long time. I did get a rep from vodafone calling to the door recently. He said the lines had been upgraded. So I rang today. Still capped st 5.
    I have found all land line packages to be adequate. But expensive if u just want bb. And slow speeds. Three are atrocious. Vodafone 3g average. Meteor good but as i said recently has been very bad. Sky have an offer. €40pm unlimited downloads. Let me know what u decide cause i need to change as well. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Thanks for the reply. Yeah unfortunately fibre will be ages away! I know a few in different parts of Tramore getting ~12 Mb with eircom on the landline so might just go with them. Will look into sky more though, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Shazer01 wrote: »
    Hi. I have had most of the broadband providers at one stage or another. Im in Somerville. Basically the lines are capped at 5 megs. No matter who u use. So make your decision on price. I have been using Meteor 3g for the last year. Its as good as the rest. However recently the coverage has been terrible. As far as I know fibre will not make it here for a very long time. I did get a rep from vodafone calling to the door recently. He said the lines had been upgraded. So I rang today. Still capped st 5.
    I have found all land line packages to be adequate. But expensive if u just want bb. And slow speeds. Three are atrocious. Vodafone 3g average. Meteor good but as i said recently has been very bad. Sky have an offer. €40pm unlimited downloads. Let me know what u decide cause i need to change as well. Thanks

Whatever provider you go for in Tramore will offer the same speeds based on your location so its just a matter or price. Somerville is so far from the exchange so thats all the lines can take. Fiber is due in Tramore but not until the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

shanemul wrote: »
    Whatever provider you go for in Tramore will offer the same speeds based on your location so its just a matter or price. Somerville is so far from the exchange so thats all the lines can take. Fiber is due in Tramore but not until the end of the year

Thanks for the info. Are u sure itll be the end if the year. My contract is up with Meteor in Sept. So if fibre is coming I may wait to change.

Advertisement