Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a 1080p 32"-40" please?

• 17-04-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Moving to a new house and need to get a good tv. I'll be watching sky hd on it so want good quality. Depending on the value offered I'd go for something within the 32"-40" range. Any particular models/offers I should be aware of? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're question is too vague because you haven't mentioned a budget. I'm not going to bombard you with model nos. but I suggest you check DID, Power City and the Dixons stores (PC World & Currys) and if you buy an LG or Samsung TV you won't go wrong.

Try to make sure that the TV has at least three HDMI ports - one for the UPC or Sky box, one for the Blu-Ray/DVD player and a third to connect a games console or PC. Ports for component, VGA and composite may also be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

So related question.

Looking at Samsung 40" tvs.

3d or not 3d ???

Big price difference. But I tend to buy tv's very infrequently and so it will have to do for years - is 3d expected to become more and more commonplace ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

3d or not 3d ???

Big price difference. But I tend to buy tv's very infrequently and so it will have to do for years - is 3d expected to become more and more commonplace ?

I wouldn't bother to be honest. Do the research if you like but consumers seem to be wary because of the lack of an agreed standard.

Read this for a laugh - 'every home will have a 3D TV by 2013' ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/7884890/Everyone-will-have-3D-TV-by-2013-says-Ubisoft.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

coylemj wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother to be honest. Do the research if you like but consumers seem to be wary because of the lack of an agreed standard.

Read this for a laugh - 'every home will have a 3D TV by 2013' ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/7884890/Everyone-will-have-3D-TV-by-2013-says-Ubisoft.html

HA - funny enough on of the reasons I'm even thinking about 3D is because one of my xbox games has a 3D option

Advertisement