Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detachable usb keyring?

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:45am

Not 100% sure this is the right forum for this. I've got a usb drive on my keyring but I'm looking for an easy way to detach it. It's a bit of a pain putting it into a usb port with my door key and Bear Grylls multitool hanging out of it. I need some sort of easy detachable method please!!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

This is what I use. I don't know the proper name for it but its some sort of climbing clip.

keyring.jpg

Cheers mate! On my Googling I did indeed come across that....I believe it's called a carabiner (always thought that was a type of gun)!

Don't suppose you know what type of shop or where I can buy one? I know I can get one on eBay but the waiting.....

I bough a lip balm in a trespass shop in the outlet banbridge and it came with this clip attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I believe it's called a carabiner (always thought that was a type of gun)!

That would be a carbine. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Any outdoor / climbing shop

I'm trying to buy another one of the keyring string thingys thats between the carbine and the USB stick. What are these called? I just can't find what I'm looking for on ebay

I think it's called a "small lanyard"?
    Torqay wrote: »
    That would be a carbine. :D

Smarty pants!

Advertisement