Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv q re Mance Rayder / wildlings?

• 17-04-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I've only read the first two books and am about to start book 3. Watching the tv show up to date too.

Forgive me for asking this question but I can't remember the answer.

Why are Mance Rayder and the wildlings attacking the South / The Wall? Shouldn't they be fighting the wights?

Why does MR have a grudge against The Knights Watch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They're moving south because the wights and the Others are becoming more powerful north of the Wall.

Mance was once a member of the Nights Watch, he doesn't hold a grudge against them as such..they're just in the way of his plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

They're heading south the avoid the white walkers and wights. They can't kill the white walkers so the have to run. The aim is to get south of the wall to use the wall's defense against the white walkers. He knows he can't pass through the wall diplomatically so he needs an army to take it by force.

Shazbot wrote: »
    They're heading south the avoid the white walkers and wights. They can't kill the white walkers so the have to run. The aim is to get south of the wall to use the wall's defense against the white walkers. He knows he can't pass through the wall diplomatically so he needs an army to take it by force.

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thanks, that seems familiar. It was the scene about "light the biggest fire the north has ever seen" comment that made me think he was attacking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i havent finished the second season on tv yet, but there seems to be an element of mixing the end of the second book and start of the third going on.

The start of the third book deals more with Mances history, giving him a proper introduction and fleshing out his back story a little. reading it first has definatly gotten my head into a better spot to see where its going and why some are doing what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I've only read the first two books and am about to start book 3. Watching the tv show up to date too.

Just some general information, Series 3 is showing some scenes from Book 5, so if you were planning on the 'watch a series then read the book' method then its going to become an increasingly flawed method from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

To be honest I can't put the books down - even with the confusion that the mass of plots bring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To be honest I can't put the books down - even with the confusion that the mass of plots bring!

Having the maps open helps by giving you a visual representation of the location of each character.

I nearly know the geograpy of westeros as well as Ireland at this stage.

Although that's in part because Westeros is just Ireland turned upside down sandwiched between the North and Dorne.

220px-Ireland_(MODIS).jpg

Westeros_HBO.png

Advertisement