Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value one stop shop for booze in Limerick

• 17-04-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭

Right, First Communion is imminent so need to buy the usual beer / wine etc etc....anyone done this recently and if so where did they find best value, ideally like to get it all from the one place in one go, if possible

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

PC acting the maggot, double post, if a mod could lock or delete the other one please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fine Wines have a Party Store in the Delta Retail Park next to Soundstore.

Fine Wines Party Store Delta Retail Park
    Tel: 061-437985
    Open Mon Sat Inclusive 9am
    Open Sunday 12 Noon
    Close Mon - Thurs Inclusive 7pm
    Close Friday 9pm
    Close Sat - Sun 6pm
    Bank Holiday Monday's 12 noon to 6pm

Got a leaflet in the door from Supervalu yesterday with some great offers on beers (mainly bottles), wines and spirits. Check their website and they might have an online leaflet. I'm sure the offers are across all stores as the leaflet didn't state whether it was my local or not

Just had a look online at Supervalu,

20 x 330ml Heineken = €20.00 that seems pretty good (I'm not a beer drinker)

Some wine is half price.....worth a look on the way home I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Personally I'm a lazy git and if I had to get a load of drink for an event I'd register for Tesco home delivery (to get the first delivery free) and order everything on line, you'll get the best prices and won't have to leave your house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

PC acting the maggot, double post, if a mod could lock or delete please?

I did that, by the way, in future if you want a mod to do something just use the report function, we'll all get a notification of a reported post and see what you asked to be done.

Clareman wrote: »
    I did that, by the way, in future if you want a mod to do something just use the report function, we'll all get a notification of a reported post and see what you asked to be done.

Thanks for that, not such a lazy git after all :p

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

When you call into Supervalue make sure you speak with the Manager of the off licence section. There are always further discounts available for bulk purchases and of course you can always pick the Managers brains with regard to which wines, beers etc are best for your party. Enjoy the big day

Just had a look online at Supervalu,

20 x 330ml Heineken = €20.00 that seems pretty good (I'm not a beer drinker)

Some wine is half price.....worth a look on the way home I think

On a rare occasion, tesco do 24 cans for €24. But I'd be like you trying to do everything in the one place. +1 on dealing with the offie manager. You might get a free bottle or 2 of wine if you're buying a good bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

O'Briens is great if you have a loyalty card - got a load of money back on my card recently as I had to buy a load of prosecco, got 15% back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

The best way to find out what's the cheapest is just popping into places mentioned before and checking prices.
    I can tell You that Musgraves is very expensive (in case You would be a customer there).
    There is a company on Dock Road in the Buiseness Park that sells wines, cases of beers etc. You can go there and pay cash. Don't remember the name of the company tho.
    So far I have found Tesco and Dunness to be the cheapest for bottled beer. Dunness can be cheaper on wine comparing to Tesco.

b3mol wrote: »
    The best way to find out what's the cheapest is just popping into places mentioned before and checking prices.
    I can tell You that Musgraves is very expensive (in case You would be a customer there).
    There is a company on Dock Road in the Buiseness Park that sells wines, cases of beers etc. You can go there and pay cash. Don't remember the name of the company tho.
    So far I have found Tesco and Dunness to be the cheapest for bottled beer. Dunness can be cheaper on wine comparing to Tesco.

Coopers? Did they not shut up shop years ago?

Advertisement