Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large lump by hamsters right leg

• 17-04-2013 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with hamsters and lumps.

My little hamster, " La Roux " has a large lump just by his right leg. He doesn't like me going at it but it doesn't seem that painful to him. It feels like fluid, not solid and it's come up in the past couple weeks.

The skin isn't broken or damaged it looks fine, tis just the lump.

I've had him over 2 years now and he's been fine (besides me thinking he was dead a while back when he was just hibernating!!!)

Thanks to all!

Kloecor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Kloecor wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with hamsters and lumps.

My little hamster, " La Roux " has a large lump just by his right leg. He doesn't like me going at it but it doesn't seem that painful to him. It feels like fluid, not solid and it's come up in the past couple weeks.

The skin isn't broken or damaged it looks fine, tis just the lump.

I've had him over 2 years now and he's been fine (besides me thinking he was dead a while back when he was just hibernating!!!)

Thanks to all!

Kloecor

Hi sorry to hear about your hamster. I would see about taking him to a vet, even if he is in no pain. He is old for a hamster, so keep on top of it if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

Hi Kloecor,
    Sorry to hear La Roux is having health problems :( Tumours are incredibly common in hamsters, especially when they reach their golden years - perhaps it could be a tumour? Sometimes they are harmless and just pop up but definitely worth getting him checked out. Take him to the vet, they can give you a definite and a way forward. Good luck with him, let us know how he gets on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

Hi sorry to hear about your hamster. I would see about taking him to a vet, even if he is in no pain. He is old for a hamster, so keep on top of it if you can.
    abbyw1989 wrote: »
    Hi Kloecor,
    Sorry to hear La Roux is having health problems :( Tumours are incredibly common in hamsters, especially when they reach their golden years - perhaps it could be a tumour? Sometimes they are harmless and just pop up but definitely worth getting him checked out. Take him to the vet, they can give you a definite and a way forward. Good luck with him, let us know how he gets on :)

Just wanted to say thanks very much for ye're help. The lump heeled up nicely but unfortunately things went down hill after that and La Roux passed away. He's away with the fairies now :)

Advertisement