Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening costs

• 17-04-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the going rate is for the church ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Usually you give the priest a token. We gave 50 euro. We asked friends and they have the same. Hope this helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's up to yourself to donate what you see fit, personally I gave €100 in a card for our little ones Christening, I figured €50 for the priest and €50 for the church.

BTW, I've a feeling Religion or Newborn/Toddlers forums would be a better fit for this kind of question btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are you looking for a private christening, one during a Mass or a group of christenings during a Mass, for the latter two you give anything up to about 50e, the individual one should get a higher offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We were told €20 when we booked the church

Advertisement