Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inertia Shock Sensitivity Adjustment

Options
  • 17-04-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello there,
    I have a Aritech Cs 250 and I am replacing my Gs 610/611 for Gs 710/711 inertia sensors due them becoming faulty over time , I was wondering how can I check what the Gross/Pulse settings are on the sensors and how can I change them if necessary as they seem very sensitive during walk test, I have the engineers code but cannot find where these settings are, thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer goto Inputs > Zones> Shock Sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 39 xxdiceyxx

Great found it thanks so much Koolkid I noticed their set to Gross 5, during walktest I only lightly tap windows though and the activate they seem very sensitive I have no false alarms but I have a large German Shepherd (A good a deterrent as any) and when she barks in her room its so loud the alarm on that zone goes off :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Zone will activate on walk test at any level. If you are looking for an accurate level for an activation set the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

I have a problem with my aritech cs350, I think it's a sensitivity setting on the back door sensor. False alarms when it's windy so driving the neighbours batty. Had an alarm guy replace the sensor a while back, charged €180 for the privilege. Wants another call out charge to adjust.

So as a DIY solution I packed the magnetic part opposite the sensor to bring it closer to the sensor, figuring this closer gap will alleviate the problem. A waste of time, or do I need to go back to square 1, get the engineer code (don't have this) and adjust sensitivity through the control panel?

The sensitivity needs to be adjusted in engineer mode.
    If this has only started happening it is more likely a faulty device on that zone.
    To find the problem you really need to check the resistance on that zone.
    Anything else 7 your just second guessing it. Also, shop around for another installer. €180 is a bit steep for to replace one sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

OK, thanks for the reply. I don't have the engineer code, so will hunt around to try and reset it.

PM me the installation company and I'll see what I can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

KoolKid wrote: »
    The sensitivity needs to be adjusted in engineer mode.
    If this has only started happening it is more likely a faulty device on that zone.
    To find the problem you really need to check the resistance on that zone.
    Anything else 7 your just second guessing it. Also, shop around for another installer. €180 is a bit steep for to replace one sensor.

KK, I have wireless GE inertia sensors. I adjusted DIP switches to increase sensitivity (gross/pulse) Does that adjust sensors sensitivity or would it need to be done via keypad in engineer mode as stated above?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KK, I have wireless GE inertia sensors. I adjusted DIP switches to increase sensitivity (gross/pulse) Does that adjust sensors sensitivity or would it need to be done via keypad in engineer mode as stated above?

Thanks

The wire free sensor sensitivity is adjusted at the sensor as you have describe above.

Thanks

Sorry, for the wireless you can do it as you described.
    I would still check the resistence on the sensor head in the same way as I described.
    If false alarms suddenly appear it usually means a faulty device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement