Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tefl Jobs

• 17-04-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking at Tefl jobs in Asia at the moment and wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I've found a job in Vietnam that looks appealing but I'm finding it difficult to find any reviews. Does anyone know anything about the company Apollo English in Vietnam? Thanks

Comments

It's fine but it's evenings and weekends.. Think you might have to work Saturday and Sunday whereas a school like Language Link lets you work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Ginger87 wrote: »
    I'm looking at Tefl jobs in Asia at the moment and wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I've found a job in Vietnam that looks appealing but I'm finding it difficult to find any reviews. Does anyone know anything about the company Apollo English in Vietnam? Thanks

Im looking to do this as well , just wondering if you have any advice ,as per what accreditation do you need in Asia etc. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ginger87

It seems to vary, but most places I've come across do require a university degree (generally don't specify what kind of degree) and at least 120 hour Tefl Cert. It does depend on the area and the school but that's generally what I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Ginger87 wrote: »
    It seems to vary, but most places I've come across do require a university degree (generally don't specify what kind of degree) and at least 120 hour Tefl Cert. It does depend on the area and the school but that's generally what I've found.

Thanks Ginger for the input , I have a Diploma already.I'm gonna enroll in the month long class . I have to look into upgrading my diploma too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

IIRC, the degree part is for visa purposes, don't think it was terribly important to getting a job. Though, I never went to Vietnam, I was just told this when I was looking for information about working there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement