Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmail Server Issues

Options
  • 17-04-2013 3:16pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have had a bmail.ie email address since I was a subscriber way back, and I use the account still as part of my moderating activities for PM / reported post notifications.

However, over the last week or so it seems that the vast majority of emails have not been delivered to my account. Is there perhaps something up with the Bmail.ie server? Outlook reports that there is an 'internal server error' at times when attempting to fetch the email. This started last Wednesday, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Honestly I think it might be time to migrate away from bmail.ie

We don't know who is in charge of bmail.ie, have no login details for it and don't know who's hosting it; it's not on any machine under our control. It was discontinued as a subscriber perk around the time the new tech team took over in October 2011 and there are no plans I'm aware of to bring it back.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Well, the good news is that it seems to be working again all of a sudden! :P

All the same, I will start to implement a migration process.

I will miss Bmail. :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement