Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays booked during notice period?

Options
  • 17-04-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, hoping I can get some help with this. I booked two weeks holidays from my current job a number of months ago, as I'm going on holidays with some friends. A few weeks ago I changed the dates of the holidays slightly as when we went to book we realised flights wouldn't work out with the original dates. Anyway the upshot of it is I've been offered a new job today, which I am going to accept. I have to give 8 weeks notice in my current job - but the holidays I had booked are pretty much slap bang in the middle of the 8 week notice.

Can my current employer cancel my holiday entitlement? Where would that leave me? It's not possible for me to rebook the holiday, and if I cancel I'd lose over 5k so I'm in a panic now! When I booked the holidays I hadn't even applied for this job, so it wasn't a concern

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Could you offer 10 weeks notice so that you have a clear 8 weeks for a handover etc

If the leave has been approved already ,then I doubt your employer will ask you to cancel.

Advertisement