Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC price increase - Jun 2013

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Had comreg made a final decision on MMDS? I thought UPC were seeking extension of the MMDS licence to 2019 and comreg were still mulling over it.
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg12132.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Three years is a long time at any rate. Never know what technologies will be available by then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Had comreg made a final decision on MMDS? I thought UPC were seeking extension of the MMDS licence to 2019 and comreg were still mulling over it.

All MMDS licences expire at midnight on 18 April 2016 and won't be renewed.

Decision published last March - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83862302#post83862302

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MMiskella

Hilarious. They wanted to increase my bill by €4 to compensate for an extra 5mb BB and 50 minutes Phones. Ended up getting the free downgrade and an additional 100 minutes while keeping my old bill price.
    Now I get a text saying they have increased my BB speed by 5mb for free. I knew they would do it at some point but not this soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭blindsider

My UPC contract is up soon, so I'll be ringing to haggle.

They'll want to migrate me to one of their new bundles - probably the Complete for €71 pm - I'll want HD also, one TV only.

I have two questions:

1. What's the best price they've offered? What price should I be looking for?

2. Does the phone service still include free & unlimited Off-peak calls to Irish & UK landlines? (Herself would talk for Ireland!)

Thanks!

Right, so I rang UPC - my contract has expired.

UPC: We'll give you the same deal for another year - €71 for 50Mb BB, phone with free off-peak calls and calls to UK (Off-peak) and DigitalMax+ TV with HD

Me: But you're offering new customers that deal for €55 for 6 months.

UPC: Oh right, well I'll do something for you on that...

Me: Sky have been knocking my door offering 6 months free BB; and I see eircom have fibre BB in my area too......

UPC: Oh right...would you be signing up for 12 months?

Me: I might -for the right offer.....

UPC: Well, if we gave it to you for €35 per month for the year, would that do?

Me: What exactly are you offering for €35 pm? (I made her repeat it 3 times - pretended I was a bit stupid!)

UPC: So, will I sign you up?

Me: For (repeated deal in its entirety), you can I suppose.

UPC: Great....signs me up, and confirms the deal once more

Me: Thanks very much!

Very happy with that I have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Nice work. Did you speak with a man or a woman just out of interest?

I won't fail to mention that Eircom have put a VDSL cabinet right across the road from me when I negotiate with them when my contract is up.

Woman - can't remember her name. Mention the Sky 'flyer' offering 6 months, and say you've had the eircom reps knocking on your door.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

blindsider wrote: »
    Woman - can't remember her name. Mention the Sky 'flyer' offering 6 months, and say you've had the eircom reps knocking on your door.

Best of luck with it!

My contract isn't up until August I think. Purely anecdotally but I've found women in UPC unwilling or unable to offer discounts or even put me through to the loyalty dept. so I generally prefer to deal with men. Good to hear that I very well may be mistaken in that view.

Advertisement