Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat blood donner needed. Blood group AB

• 17-04-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

My cat is seriously sick. He got Autoimmune hemolytic anemia. He need blood transfusion to survive. He's staying at Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital in Cork. If anyone got cat with that group and can donate blood please contact me:
    <snip> please pm the OP if you can help

Thanks.

siglc.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Afraid I don't know what blood types my own cats have but have you tried contacting the Cat Hospital in Glanmire, the vet there is lovely and she might know if any of her clients have AB blood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Definitely try giving the cat hospital a ring. She's very good.

Her contact details are on her website

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP, cat transfusions aren't that common and your vet practice (which is quite well known) will be "on the ball" with this one i can guarantee.
    You are best consulting with the practice named to search locally rather than nationally for a match for your cat. ;)

There are NO feline blood banks in this country i.e stored blood like the human blood bank. It doesn't work like that.Most vets rely on local cat owners to provide this service as they need it.

You are honestly best off communicating with them (your vet) rather than sourcing it this way. Best of luck.:)

Advertisement