Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go on advise on setting up a new business

Options
  • 17-04-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello :)
    Im thinking of setting up a business in the wholesale area of supplying to retail shops.
    I have an idea and example's of what it is going to taste like,

the dream would that it could make every shop in ireland but that is a long way off yet. :P
    What I want to know is where could I get help/information about starting the business and steps to make it legal to sell to supermarkets?
    It will be a food so I know their would be massive restrictions on where the product could be made etc. ? :/
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

david.... wrote: »
    Hello :)
    Im thinking of setting up a business in the wholesale area of supplying to retail shops.
    I have an idea and example's of what it is going to taste like,

the dream would that it could make every shop in ireland but that is a long way off yet. :P
    What I want to know is where could I get help/information about starting the business and steps to make it legal to sell to supermarkets?
    It will be a food so I know their would be massive restrictions on where the product could be made etc. ? :/
    Thanks

Advice..check your spelling. Enterprise Ireland. Especially if it has export potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

enterprise boards, enterprise ireland, local incubation centres, and I think there is a body that looks after food specifically maybe, bord bia and/or Irish Food or equivalent who could also be useful.

tip: Ask each agency contact which other agencies could/should help you- one thing all (Irish) public servants are tops at is giving you the run around, ahem I meant, referring you on to someone who can help of course!!

Advertisement