Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home network issue

Options
  • 17-04-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok very strange home network issue. I'll start by explaining my set up. I have UPC router (Cisco EPC3925) connected as standard this in turn is connected to a switch which i have a home server and my main pc connected to. simples.

ok now the problem. up untill very recently everything was running fine and i could access everything from all pc's back and forward to one another. then recently i had a hdd failure in the server. no big deal i just replaced the hdd and had it back up running. i went back into the server remote desktopped in all fine. then i tried to transfer a file (large enough files) to the server and network connection to the server drops. and doesnt return. i have to restart the server from the source to have it reconnect to the server. the reason i find this so strange is that i have a teamspeak server running on it and this runs perfectly fine and have had upwards of 20 ppl on it at any given time without any network drops. it literally just drops on file transfers. also i should point out that my home server can download files from the internet just fine.....

now on another not i dont seem to be able to send files wirelessly to anything either. again net works fine over wireless but no sharing of files between connected devices. and again this worked as recently as 2 weeks ago. this spacifically applies to accessing films on my phone from my main pc.

I had a Thompson router as recently as monday with exactly the same problem. UPC said they could see an issue on their side so they sent someone out who changed the router and left but still same problem.

Advertisement