Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic signing on

• 17-04-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey everyone,

So I was at the sw office and they are now using some type of digital signature pad for signing on - grand (though makes ure signature look well wonky!) But they still have your card too at the hatch? Why need both? Granted was first time I had to sign electronically so I guess from now on the signing cards are gone?

Also, a family friend just signed on and was asked to go down in the morning between 9.30 and 12. Can he head down at anytime between half nine n 12 or does he have to be there at 9.30?

Cheers! (first time poster!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hey everyone,

So I was at the sw office and they are now using some type of digital signature pad for signing on - grand (though makes ure signature look well wonky!) But they still have your card too at the hatch? Why need both? Granted was first time I had to sign electronically so I guess from now on the signing cards are gone?

No. You are still required to produce the card. It's swiped before you're invited to sign...
    Also, a family friend just signed on and was asked to go down in the morning between 9.30 and 12. Can he head down at anytime between half nine n 12 or does he have to be there at 9.30?

Cheers! (first time poster!)

The answer's in the question. You sign any time between 9.30 -12.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Technologic25

Hey, cheers for the reply.

No I don't mean the sw white little card, I mean they had the big cards that you manually sign aswell as the electronic thing we had to sign. They didn't ask you to sign both just the electronic pad, so why even have the paper card there? Lol.

Thanks I was thinking he could drop in at anytime, I sign in the afternoon so didn't know how the morning worked! I thought I remembered a friend telling me before ages ago that they had to be in the queue by a certain time (like 10) or they'd be told they wouldnt queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Hey, cheers for the reply.

No I don't mean the sw white little card, I mean they had the big cards that you manually sign aswell as the electronic thing we had to sign. They didn't ask you to sign both just the electronic pad, so why even have the paper card there? Lol.

Thanks I was thinking he could drop in at anytime, I sign in the afternoon so didn't know how the morning worked! I thought I remembered a friend telling me before ages ago that they had to be in the queue by a certain time (like 10) or they'd be told they wouldnt queue.

As you correctly guessed, having your pack of documentation produced alongside the electronic thing was just for the first electronic signing and from now on you will just produce your swipe card and use it and they won't have your pack of documentation at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Technologic25

Yeah that makes sense, thanks.

Advertisement