Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there an Irish version of 3 strikes and Out ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Perhaps Mr Byrne's wife was under the impression that Mr Byrne was not supposed to be having any social contact with Ms Dryzaite,after she was 'involved' in Mr Byrne's marriage while Mrs Byrne was pregnant with their second child who is only ten months old.

Ms Dryzaite's mother gave an interview with the star on wednesday,referring to them as a couple who had been in the gym earlier that night.(which was news to Mrs Byrne).

Yes it was a horrific incident,one which could have left two children without their father, but none the less a most unfortunate way to get caught...i am not taking satisfaction from this situation in the slightest, it brings me no joy whatsoever, the word 'karma' just sprung to mind.

Incredible stuff indeed,and by golly we are getting no little amount of Moral Judgement on the issue of Marital Fidelity.

Obviously Hmmn!Letsee has some level of close involvement with this marriage/relationship situation,and chooses to portray Mr Byrne in as strongly negative way as possible.

I dont actually see this mans marital situation as any of my business,and I am acutely aware that attempting to judge the actual status of any other persons relationship is fraught with danger and usually results in a totally incorrect conclusion.

However it does return us to a question as to whether Hmmn!Letsee is prepared to stand over the Karma remark and perhaps outline the thinking which "sprung it to mind".

In doing so our attention will be taken from the reality of us (Non Criminally Inclined People) funding yet another Legal Team to defend the accused,on yet another,ever increasingly violent charge.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmmn!letssee

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Incredible stuff indeed,and by golly we are getting no little amount of Moral Judgement on the issue of Marital Fidelity.

Obviously Hmmn!Letsee has some level of close involvement with this marriage/relationship situation,and chooses to portray Mr Byrne in as strongly negative way as possible.

I dont actually see this mans marital situation as any of my business,and I am acutely aware that attempting to judge the actual status of any other persons relationship is fraught with danger and usually results in a totally incorrect conclusion.

However it does return us to a question as to whether Hmmn!Letsee is prepared to stand over the Karma remark and perhaps outline the thinking which "sprung it to mind".

In doing so our attention will be taken from the reality of us (Non Criminally Inclined People) funding yet another Legal Team to defend the accused,on yet another,ever increasingly violent charge.

firstly i am not trying to portray him in any sort of way, i am just explaining the FACTS that have led me into this discussion. i am not asking anybody to judge him on his actions(his wife of 9 years will be doing that herself,believe you me) and yes perhaps the 'karma' remark was a little strong,but my thinking was had he been at home in bed at 1am instead of being out with this particular person, none of this would be happening to him,he is now recovering from very severe injuries,he will also have post traumatic stress,this incident will have major impact on his future relationship with his wife and children.he will not be able to work for a while, not to mention the people who know him and his family gossiping about him..so that is what led me to thinking that karma can be a bitch!! again perhaps too severe a comment, i do not condone the violent nature of the attack whatsoever, but perhaps put yourself in the shoes of a woman who was frantic with worry yet was not told about ms Dryzaite being in his company until she read it in the paper. i wont be having any further comments on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Firstly,Im not trying to portray him in any sort of way, I am just explaining the FACTS that have led me into this discussion. I am not asking anybody to judge him on his actions(his wife of 9 years will be doing that herself,believe you me) and yes perhaps the 'karma' remark was a little strong,but my thinking was had he been at home in bed at 1am instead of being out with this particular person, none of this would be happening to him,he is now recovering from very severe injuries,he will also have post traumatic stress,this incident will have major impact on his future relationship with his wife and children.he will not be able to work for a while, not to mention the people who know him and his family gossiping about him..so that is what led me to thinking that karma can be a bitch!! again perhaps too severe a comment, I do not condone the violent nature of the attack whatsoever, but perhaps put yourself in the shoes of a woman who was frantic with worry yet was not told about Ms Dryzaite being in his company until she read it in the paper. I wont be having any further comments on this.

On balance,a sensible decision I think.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement