Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Martin

Options
  • 17-04-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I haven't looked but assume he's riding the Giro. Any Idea what his role will be?
    GC or stage wins?
    Or riding for Ryder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

oops. Please move mods,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Offer asking.
    What sort of condition is he in?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is he still in his original packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

furiousox wrote: »
    Offer asking.
    What sort of condition is he in?

Next in line if this falls through subject to Dan coming with bike and been willing to tow talentless Fred around the hills of North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

what would postage be?

• Advertisement

lol, guess i asked for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Redmond101 wrote: »
    what would postage be?

F*ck all, sure there's no weight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭happytramp

I haven't looked but assume he's riding the Giro. Any Idea what his role will be?
    GC or stage wins?
    Or riding for Ryder?

Hadn't heard this. But if he does then given his form he'd probably be the Garmin 'plan B' after Ryder. He won't officially be on Domestique duties but he'll be aware he's got a debt to pay for the great support he got from Ryder at Catalunya. Stage win and GC top 10 a decent possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

I read in an interview where he said he wouldn't ride the Giro but would ride the tour and possibly/probably Spain.

elduggo wrote: »
    I read in an interview where he said he wouldn't ride the Giro but would ride the tour and possibly/probably Spain.

Ohh that's interesting. Does that mean he'll be team leader at tour/vuelta.
    Exciting times:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

Ohh that's interesting. Does that mean he'll be team leader at tour/vuelta.
    Exciting times:)

we'll know more when we see their Giro team but I'd say it'll be a 2-pronged with Dan and Talansky sharing team lead duties.

Last year Dan rode for Danielson in the tour (as did Hesjedal) but I think they'll want Danielson more in the background after the happenings this past winter.

Still not sure having Dan as a team leader in a 3-week tour is such a wise thing to do though (unless and until his TTing improves). I'd prefer to see him given a free reign to change stages or the KOM jersey.

Dan's leading Garmin at the Vuelta! Woot woot, bring it on!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan-martin-heads-to-vuelta-to-lead-garmins-challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

he really struggled in last week of the tour but i think a top ten at this is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    he really struggled in last week of the tour but i think a top ten at this is on

he was sick for all of Alps, if healthy and fit I think he can be close to top 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭AnotherView

What does anyone think of Dan Martins chance of being nominated as Irish Sport Personality of the year 2013

I mean who does one have to influence, etc to put this on SPOTY agenda

I think he should be for LBL alone not to mention TdeF stage, Vuelta Catalyuna ,etc...( Rui Costa got it in Portugal afterall for less)

Or Martyn Irvine ??
    And an invite to pros like Roche, Deignan, Bennett, Barmmier to highlight cycling
    resurgence , popularity ???

Would be great to see cycling recognised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Feature on Dan in this months Rouleur

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dan competed in his last race of the season today, the 1.HC ranked Japan Cup. He finished in 23rd place in the peloton.

Michael Rogers capped off a great year for Saxo-Tinkoff by winning the race.
    Matt Brammeier was a DNF (along with loads of others; the weather was mank).

From cycling news:
    "In the finale, I managed to so solo and was actually able to enjoy the final kilometers as the margin kept growing. A great way to win all thanks for the perfect set-up by teammates and a magnificent way to finish the season".
    1. ROGERS Michael (TST) 04:25:00
    2. BAUER Jack (GRS) 00:00:44
    3. CUNEGO Damiano (LAM) 00:00:44

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Diamond_25

yeh that would be good to see, hell of a list of acheivements this year

Insightful interview with Dan here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭AnotherView

Nothing to do with Dan Martin but this guy looks like a real future bet and he is from Irish stock - with a very unusual first name

Tao Geoghegan Hart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Nothing to do with Dan Martin but this guy looks like a real future bet and he is from Irish stock - with a very unusual first name

Tao Geoghegan Hart

He's a fine writer that lad, his Worlds article is excellent.

http://taogeogheganhart.blogspot.ie/

He's a fine writer that lad, his Worlds article is excellent.

http://taogeogheganhart.blogspot.ie/

Quite possibly the next big thing, but if I remember correctly he's already representing GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

happytramp wrote: »
    Quite possibly the next big thing, but if I remember correctly he's already representing GB.

He is also on the latest humans invent podcast

https://audioboo.fm/boos/1693523-humans-invent-cycling-29th-october-2013#t=32m24s

Very interesting young fella

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Good news about Dan..... he's tweeted that he is back on the bike.

Never imagined riding the home trainer would feel so good! Sorry for lack of updates but im back! Thanks for all your messages. Got me through tough times. Hope to get the all clear to be back on the road 2moro! So proud of my giro @Ride_Argyle teammates smashing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That's great news. Only looking at the giro today wondering how he'd be ripping things up now if he was still in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Martin will be back in action in the San Sebastian classic this weekend. Cant wait to see him back on the bike. It's a hilly course so he may go well. Hopefully he can have a good, crash free, and to season, in the vuelta and world championships especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Martin will be back in action in the San Sebastian classic this weekend. Cant wait to see him back on the bike. It's a hilly course so he may go well. Hopefully he can have a good, crash free, and to season, in the vuelta and world championships especially.

Dan has already ridden the Tour of Austria so he should be in good shape for the weekend.

The route has changed a bit this year with a new tougher climb near the finish with ramps of 20%.

Rodriguez to do one of his Romandy style wins on that gradient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

He has been very quiet recently

I am guessing he is planning a late surge....Hope he will be leader at the Vuelta...he is certainly fresh in comparison to some in the race

His contract up forr renewal this year also......wonder if he is on the move...???

He was in the classic san Sebastian, but his Twitter suggested he was using that as a recon mission for the Vuelta TT. He should he fresh. Garmin will be in a prettynnovel position of having Hejsedal, Talansky, and Martin all riding in the vuelta. All are capable of leading so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'd also fancy his chances at the worlds.

• Advertisement

On the contract thing, I haven't heard any rumors. He's a big rider in a strong team, I think him staying suits all parties.

Advertisement