Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Martin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

just spotted there that Fabio Aru has also signed for UAE Team Emirates.

surely that has to be bad news for dan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Aru for the Giro, Dan for the Tour. Now can they get a good enough supporting cast for both is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

1bryan wrote: »
    just spotted there that Fabio Aru has also signed for UAE Team Emirates.

surely that has to be bad news for dan?

The rumours of Aru moving to UAE have been floating around for a good few months, even before Dan had signed. So I'd say he was well aware of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Weepsie wrote: »
    Aru for the Giro, Dan for the Tour. Now can they get a good enough supporting cast for both is the question
    I think Dan even mentioned that in interviews, or it was at least put to him? Aru for the Giro, Dan for the Tour was the plan. I'm not sure Dan really needs really strong domestiques, it's that he needs to be the focus. The cross winds tour stage it was to do with so many quick steps behind with Kittel, rather than the relative strength or otherwise of the riders.

Advertisement