Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marine Institute - Oranmore

Options
  • 17-04-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder can anyone from Oranmore or perhaps an employee of the Marine Institute help me.

I've just been offered a summer internship at the MI HQ in Rinville, outside Oranmore town. I will most likely be renting a place in Oranmore for the summer but I haven't got a car. It's a bit of a trek by foot/bicycle but I found some past posts about an employee's bus that leaves Oranmore town every morning and returns in the evening. Is this service still operating?

Would appreciate any help at all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi, I wonder can anyone from Oranmore or perhaps an employee of the Marine Institute help me.

I've just been offered a summer internship at the MI HQ in Rinville, outside Oranmore town. I will most likely be renting a place in Oranmore for the summer but I haven't got a car. It's a bit of a trek by foot/bicycle but I found some past posts about an employee's bus that leaves Oranmore town every morning and returns in the evening. Is this service still operating?

Would appreciate any help at all :)
    It def still runs. Not 100% on times but its 2 runs in morning and 2 in evening.
    Around 830/9 and 5/530 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

x2 for the minibus. If your not sure just ring the reception at the MI, they run the bus after all.
    If its a bursary you are doing, ask for a list of emails from the other bursars and find out what they are doing for accom/transport. Could make your life a whole lot easier if you work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There are houses for rent in Renville Village which is 3 mins walk from the MI. Ot you are 5 k from Oranmore village, a really easy spin in and out on a bike or you could jog :)

(they have showers etc as I know a few people who run at lunchtime there)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

Thanks for the help everyone. For anyone else who's wondering, I called the MI on Friday and they confirmed there is a bus to/from Oranmore everyday, you just have to register for it on the induction day.

Advertisement