Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Imo yes ,we would probably of needed to borrow more though .a lot of last years investement was done outvof cash flow and share up requirement ..money was going to have to be spent either way for post quota .

Yes but debt levels would be higher if that was the case as cash flow may not have been as strong, and perhaps whatever support given in last number of months may not have been as forthcoming. All hypothetical now as Arrabawn have obviously done well in last two years and more power to them. Just making the point that past decisions may have helped yer case now as in other cases it may have come against. Like a lot of things timing can have a big baring on how situations pan out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Milked out wrote: »
    Yes but debt levels would be higher if that was the case as cash flow may not have been as strong, and perhaps whatever support given in last number of months may not have been as forthcoming. All hypothetical now as Arrabawn have obviously done well in last two years and more power to them. Just making the point that past decisions may have helped yer case now as in other cases it may have come against. Like a lot of things timing can have a big baring on how situations pan out

One thing you are forgetting about Arrabawn is than Ryan has managed to do away with things like the defined benefit pensions and other big elephants in the room that still plague some of the other Co Ops.
    You have to admire his style of management. He doesn't seek the limelight.Just gets on with his job. No money wasted on PR there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    That was the first bit of bad advice he gave you as no sooner had you signed, than Arrabawn show up.

Interesting about the contract being with the company rather than the Co Op.
    Do you think it is possible to have it tested in the courts?

Not bad advice. We're the bones of forty miles from any other catchment area other than GII. Someone would really want to tread on toes to make it worth their while to come down this far. Two other dairy farms between us and the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

well my processor has been working hard to reduce supplier power/influence since my grandfather first supplied them, they got the run around by management and were getting the same line fed out as we are now, the only difference is the likes of my grandfather made sure we got educated to understand what they were talking bout and to be able to play the game also

a group of farmers not far from me n free were going to establish a liquid milk business using old liquid facility, interesting or of consistence (depending on your view) the premises got burned down before suppliers could begin and one of the suppliers even got a free bulk tank from old plant to keep quite, kind of sick of the corporate culture within, our management team grew up together and look after one another, they all have fine share packages from share options, i hope the markets cop on as workers dont get looked after within unless your mgt grade and neither do the suppliers or transporters which is a terrible foundation for any corporation looking to increase share price in the future, its called corporate social responsibility which im afraid is not evident only on the fancy yearly report fed to the market

we cant do anything to change political landscape in eu unless we start running for the mep positions, which im nearly considering after my trip:) if ming could do it surely a few of us could get in 50% of eu budget is on agriculture could we add something to the process??? being realistic though we can certainly change the corporate culture of our processors, it will take time but it can happen

seen as price drop last month and another to follow i got onto one of my friends from college his father is ambassador of Nigeria (i wouldnt say where currently serving) i asked about the taxi system over there and well lets jsut say he didnt agree with the requirement for two taxis from airport, he only ever uses one when visiting home, he did point out country is in a bad state of affairs and oil crisis has made it worse, he said there was a very good reason that we exited the market selling the joint venture to pz cussons and started laughing when i said we were putting our hopes on them as an important export nation unless we take payment in oil...which we could if we could store it...gii in the home heating oil game in years to come:), he said they sell cigarettes in packs of two as this is all middle class can afford, he reminded me there is a big difference between middle class in developed and developing countries, labor costs for business out there are enormous as a result of selling in small quantities, any sales in country are at the risk of their exchange rate and as far as he was aware you cant take/very difficult to revenue out of country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Is a judicial review even possible or are Co Op members bound to have all disputes with their CoOp resolved by arbitration? The fact is there is very little Co Op case law as no one has ever been able to take their Co Op to court. Something that badly needs to be changed as IMO farmers are being deprived of their constitutional right to justice and the protection of the courts.

Unless people who have been expelled from CoOps could be free to take a case?
    They may have shot themselves in the foot there.

As far as I am aware the co-ops are under a duty as the first purchaser of milk.

I would have thought if co-ops act in a non-competitive manner, either a ruling by the monopolies / competition commission and/or a judicial review would be a possibility but I'm not familiar with the precise constitution of the co-ops and the law which governs them so I can't be certain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

kowtow wrote: »
    As far as I am aware the co-ops are under a duty as the first purchaser of milk.

I would have thought if co-ops act in a non-competitive manner, either a ruling by the monopolies / competition commission and/or a judicial review would be a possibility but I'm not familiar with the precise constitution of the co-ops and the law which governs them so I can't be certain.

Funny how the much denigrated Ming is being threatened to be sued by Isolde Goggin of the competition authority for asking some very basic questions...Banana Republic.

Watched the vid of Ming asking Isolde a few questions. God above. Worth a watch. Hopeless.

considering under the american eu trade deal they are currently negotiating corporations to be able to take countries to court in sure a coop member can take the coop to court

my msa is with a private company so coop rules dont apply there, the "coop/investment vehicle" are only a shareholder in that company trying to get the best return on its investment, we must go through a mediation process which will take 2 months and the mediator must be a barrister, if mediation does not resolve the issue proceeding can be taken to court, thats just to leave a msa no restrictions on other matters but supplier disputes id imagine could go arbitration like a trade union for all the world, no labor court even thou as my grandfather puts it "ive been a coop laborer all my life"

Not bad advice. We're the bones of forty miles from any other catchment area other than GII. Someone would really want to tread on toes to make it worth their while to come down this far. Two other dairy farms between us and the sea.

Don't sell yourself short you'd be surprised. Can you imagine what would have happened if all DG and Gill suppliers had signed contracts? Without Stratroy and Arrabawn competition, the big Co Ops could name their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, and ICOS ran and put 90 days on changeover for the needs of Glanbia and DG, when things did not go their way, carving up Arrabawn. They had hoped to carve into others too but the plan became unstuck very early.

Glanbia can now go and canibalise DG if they want. They'll all tell us, its a great merger. I can read the headlines.

How can it b a great merger weren't ye saying the value of ur pension scheme is the same value as company? We supply a ltd company anyone can join if imagine, has any one been refused?

• Advertisement

I'm only quoting this from memory but the 1893 Industrial Societies and Providence Act. Yes I know 1893!! Says goes something like this . " All disputes between the society and a member of the Society or anyone who has ceased to be a member of the Society for less than six months. Shall be resolved by means of arbitration" Maybe not the exact words but something along those lines. I've often wondered myself how this squares up with our rights under the constitution and under the UN convention of human rights, the have Justice administered in public in a court of law and our basic right to seek the protection of the courts? I'd love to have the money the be able to test that one in the Courts. But that seems to be the real problem. Unfortunately the law has been hijacked by people with money and not accessible to most of us.

Does anyone on here know about the group of Wexford farmers that moved to Strathroy? I understand they have now organised themselves into a Co Op and have got a solicitor to draw up a new set of rules fit for purpose in the 21th century.I understand they have not registered this Co Op under the ICOS. Surely these new set of rules should be looked at and used as a template by anyone interested in seriously updating our Co Op laws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I wonder if it would be possible to seek a judicial review of the decision by coops not to take each others members where an msa was in force.

Competition Authority

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Water John wrote: »
    Yes, and ICOS ran and put 90 days on changeover for the needs of Glanbia and DG, when things did not go their way, carving up Arrabawn. They had hoped to carve into others too but the plan became unstuck very early.

Glanbia can now go and canibalise DG if they want. They'll all tell us, its a great merger. I can read the headlines.

Who would be buying it?,the Plc,the co op or GiiL? At what cost,they'd surely have to sell more Plc shares to do it and that would require a Glanbia co op SGM first and another spin out to Glanbia co op members to persuade them to say yes?

Competition Authority

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The guy in the competition authority who advises on these matters is a guy by the name of Ger Fitzgerald.He would be a former partner in the legal firm McCann Fitzgerald.

Unrelated I'm sure. McCann Fitzgerald are the people who wrote the Dairygold MSA. Of course Mr Fitzgerald would have been very professional and impartial when he found that the Dairygold MSA was not anticompetitive.

How can it b a great merger weren't ye saying the value of ur pension scheme is the same value as company? We supply a ltd company anyone can join if imagine, has any one been refused?

I think W John was last seen heading for surgery, having to get his tongue removed from his cheek.

I think you are correct. If Dairygold cant even afford to pay people the value of their shares when they expel them It doesn't paint them in a very strong picture financially. But if and when it is proposed, it will be presented to the wider public by the (when I grow up I want to be like Fonterra brigade) As a great leap forward in consolidation for the industry. Indeed if past experience is anything to go by, there will even be a suggestion that this new super Co Op will be able to pay a premium milk price over their smaller neighbouring Co Ops.

Question is this time around will people be gullible enough to buy that story?

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The guy in the competition authority who advises on these matters is a guy by the name of Ger Fitzgerald.He would be a former partner in the legal firm McCann Fitzgerald.

Unrelated I'm sure. McCann Fitzgerald are the people who wrote the Dairygold MSA. Of course Mr Fitzgerald would have been very professional and impartial when he found that the Dairygold MSA was not anticompetitive.

"
    The mission of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (the Commission) is to make markets work better for consumers and businesses. Our vision is for open and competitive markets where consumers are protected and empowered and businesses actively compete."

:rolleyes:

Competition Authority

Toothless.
    CA can't take civil cases, only criminal.
    They then can pass the blame onto the judiciary. Simples.

Just kinda looking after big business...iykwim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Dawggone wrote: »
    Toothless.
    CA can't take civil cases, only criminal.
    They then can pass the blame onto the judiciary. Simples.

Just kinda looking after big business...iykwim

Only if the consumer is affected

rangler1 wrote: »

Have a close look at the CA 'successes' since its inception...laughable.

http://www.ccpc.ie/enforcement-mergers-criminal-enforcement-cartels/grain-blockade-convictions

Aye,you'd wonder how msa's aren't in trouble for preventing farmers from selling their product to an open market of different processors:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Add your reply here.
    Did they not succeed with a case against the ifa the time of beef blockades? It would be typical..

Milked out,Couldn't see that catching on here!!!!

With one CEO saying 17c I doubt that will be the reason for any resignations.

Anyway, we don't do resigning in this country. Brass neck is the default

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/oleary-gii-needs-to-take-a-lower-margin-to-support-farmers-206589

fixed price schemes have they actually found any new customer for theses "new fixed price schemes" or was it the buyer asking...take ornua for instance since the beginning they have a fixed price scheme for all purchases, they sell for more than this in foreign markets and a dividend is paid back out of profits to give true reflection of the milk price received after administration costs, im sure consumer foods had a similar set up they just moved it from sharing among everyone to supplier selection

gii getting a bit head of themselves again, what exactly have gii done to help farmers during these times, , largest processor with lowest base we came 4th in milk leagues for 2014, supports have come from coop, dividend has come from coop, milk flex loan is guaranteed by coop, coop/investment vehicle losses value with every support while all we hear from the other crowd is this

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/glanbia-reiterates-8-10-earnings-guidance-despite-weak-dairy-markets-207097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/oleary-gii-needs-to-take-a-lower-margin-to-support-farmers-206589

fixed price schemes have they actually found any new customer for theses "new fixed price schemes" or was it the buyer asking...take ornua for instance since the beginning they have a fixed price scheme for all purchases, they sell for more than this in foreign markets and a dividend is paid back out of profits to give true reflection of the milk price received after administration costs, im sure consumer foods had a similar set up they just moved it from sharing among everyone to supplier selection

gii getting a bit head of themselves again, what exactly have gii done to help farmers during these times, , largest processor with lowest base we came 4th in milk leagues for 2014, supports have come from coop, dividend has come from coop, milk flex loan is guaranteed by coop, coop/investment vehicle losses value with every support while all we hear from the other crowd is this

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/glanbia-reiterates-8-10-earnings-guidance-despite-weak-dairy-markets-207097
    Our milk is going for uht to China, goes to lough egish. Used to be daily collections for 1 week out of every month. We have been on daily collections for months now, wonder was the contract increased? I know it was a 5 year contract and we would be into year 3 now

I wonder who is the CEO wanting to cut milk price to 17c?
    Apparently the problem is that farmers don't understand "costs or cash flow"
    Fair play Dairygold say they will help them do that. No better people!!!

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/further-correction-is-needed-in-global-dairy-markets-we-have-to-be-realistic/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I wonder who is the CEO wanting to cut milk price to 17c?
    Apparently the problem is that farmers don't understand "costs or cash flow"
    Fair play Dairygold say they will help them do that. No better people!!!

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/further-correction-is-needed-in-global-dairy-markets-we-have-to-be-realistic/

Read that article earlier and thought what an arrogant ,condescending you know what mr Wolfe is

What's the alternative tho? Run the coop at a loss? How long will that be sustainable for? I want a higher milk price as much as the next man but if the coop comes under pressure what happens then? We are all giving out but what solutions are out there, realistic ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What's the alternative tho? Run the coop at a loss? How long will that be sustainable for? I want a higher milk price as much as the next man but if the coop comes under pressure what happens then? We are all giving out but what solutions are out there, realistic ones
    Survival.

Pay off all loans and merchant credit as fast as you can and hunker down.

Start at your returns and work backwards to see what you can spend rather than spending and trying to find a way of paying for it.

Reduce numbers to reduce inputs needed. I think I posted an article about the return to this in NZ a week or so back.

Selling all late born calves here and reducing stock levels here for next winter. If, and it's a big if, Dawg is right, we may have to go back to go forward.

• Advertisement

They were warned of the dangers of spending borrowed money like there was no tomorrow, but wouldn't listen. And now they want to give advice about controlling costs and budgeting to the stupid peasants! This coming from people whose wages farmers are paying but who insist on keeping those salaries confidential. Reox all over again!!

Maybe reading Carberys annual report might give us a bit more to be optimistic about.

Compare and Contrast. Are Carbery offering any advice on cost control and budgeting
    to farmers? I think I might be more inclined to go to Carbery for advice.

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/carbery-reports-increased-earnings-of-33-for-2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Read that article earlier and thought what an arrogant ,condescending you know what mr Wolfe is

Just read the article.
    Trying to understand it in my simple terms.
    If I buy a bale of straw for 10 Euro and sell it for 20 Euro.
    In the meantime I hear of someone else buying straw for 7 Euro in the USA.
    Does that mean I can go back to the farmer and tell him I spent 3 Euro x no of bales propping his straw price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Just read the article.
    Trying to understand it in my simple terms.
    If I buy a bale of straw for 10 Euro and sell it for 20 Euro.
    In the meantime I hear of someone else buying straw for 7 Euro.
    Does that mean I can go back to the farmer and tell him I spent 3 Euro x no of bales propping his straw price.

Nooooooooo. He owns your farm, you merely manage it and pay yourself a fat salary. You buy straw from him with his own money and then tell him that the portion of the price you paid above the market price was you supporting his business, with his own money,even though the price you paid was less than what it cost him to produce the straw.
    Meanwhile all the other purchasers of straw are paying more for straw than you even though the sellers don't necessarily own the farm belonging to the purchaser.

Ivory tower springs to mind

If a co op wants farmers to produce a product at a significant loss so the co op or milk purchaser can make a significant profit ( and pay a significant salary to the Ivory tower employees ) then that is immoral and we as farmers are absolute mugs for acquiescing

Maybe it's the age profile in the business (I'm not that far off my pension relatively) so farmers think they'll muddle on because it's all they know,the older you get the less you like change and all that and you can see the end game BUT.... No way in hell could you persuade a successor to be a mug starting out,it wouldn't be fair

Survival.

Pay off all loans and merchant credit as fast as you can and hunker down.

Start at your returns and work backwards to see what you can spend rather than spending and trying to find a way of paying for it.

Reduce numbers to reduce inputs needed. I think I posted an article about the return to this in NZ a week or so back.

Selling all late born calves here and reducing stock levels here for next winter. If, and it's a big if, Dawg is right, we may have to go back to go forward.
    Add your reply here.
    I agree with all your saying as it's within farm gate control so to speak, locked up here but have found a feed lot for culls I want rid of. I was referring to the coops. Say they pay us a higher price, post losses instead of small profits and then coop is in bother. Grand saying they didn't need to borrow but our milk still needed processing if they didn't borrow where are funds going to come from. That's why I asked what realistic alternative is their for the coop. We have no plc to back us up not that it would if their was one cos shareholders are their masters. We are where we are but what would lads do if they were in charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭alps

The alternative is a structure that shares the pain and the gain...

CEO's salary linked to milk price..

20c 200k
    30c 300k
    40c 400k

And so on.....Good decisions benefit all...bad decisions effect all....

This would focus the minds of management instead of cushioned salaries, manacured pensions and playing on the new Dairy Ireland Monopoly board, collecting 500k everyt ime you pass go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Just flicking through the DG Annual Report and Financial Statements and I come to page 18,a paragraph on pension. The gist of it is that strong markets, an improved discount factor and risk management initiatives implemented in 2015 resulted in an increase in assets of 7m and reduction in liabilities of 8m, however this was partially offset by providing for an element of discretionary pension increases. DISCRETIONARY PENSION INCREASES.

Just flicking through the DG Annual Report and Financial Statements and I come to page 18,a paragraph on pension. The gist of it is that strong markets, an improved discount factor and risk management initiatives implemented in 2015 resulted in an increase in assets of 7m and reduction in liabilities of 8m, however this was partially offset by providing for an element of discretionary pension increases. DISCRETIONARY PENSION INCREASES.

Maybe someone has a link to what I'm talking about here. But apparently to top 9 genius in Dairygold shared 2.7m between in 2015, including bonuses. That's 300k on average. Obviously some more and some less. Question is what do you have to do in this country, not to get a bonus?

Apparently Woulfe is quoted as being worried as the wages are higher elsewhere and he is afraid some of his best people might be headhunted.

I had no idea McDonalds were paying higher wages that that, But honestly I don't think Jim need worry. Some of the lads may not be in as much demand as Jim might like to think. Maybe he needs to be more worried that the people paying his wages might go out of business as a result of producing milk at a loss.

Surely there's no risk of top class management being head hunter by other processors. .? They must be tied in by some sort of MSA... (management supply agreement)

One that says "the company may assign or transfer or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under this agreement."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

alps wrote: »
    The alternative is a structure that shares the pain and the gain...

CEO's salary linked to milk price..

20c 200k
    30c 300k
    40c 400k

And so on.....Good decisions benefit all...bad decisions effect all....

This would focus the minds of management instead of cushioned salaries, manacured pensions and playing on the new Dairy Ireland Monopoly board, collecting 500k everyt ime you pass go.....

Unless they were employed under those conditions you don't have much hope of achieving that.........unless like another crowd you ''effectively fire'' them.

There's a motorway to dublin at the back of my house and it's bumper to bumper at 6-7am so there is a recovery out there and those well qualified guys will move.

• Advertisement

Unless they were employed under those conditions you don't have much hope of achieving that.........unless like another crowd you ''effectively fire'' them.

There's a motorway to dublin at the back of my house and it's bumper to bumper at 6-7am so there is a recovery out there and those well qualified guys will move.
    Move where? Wolfe was on the radio this morning defending their level of pay saying Coca cola are paying the same in cork. Is employment going to be going up in coca cola if senior management wages is linked to milk price? Are they going to sack management in Coca-Cola and hire these guys? Where does it stop?

Let them off up the motorway.
    Dairygold profits down 34%
    Carbery profits up 33%
    Dairygold make €19M profit.
    Carbery make €25M profit
    Dairygold valued at €315M
    Carbery valued at €260M Note this is Carbery and does nor include the value of the four West Cork Coops.

I'm only started.
    OH yeah,
    Dairygold pays lowest milk price in the country
    Carbery pays highest milk price in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Add your reply here.
    I agree with all your saying as it's within farm gate control so to speak, locked up here but have found a feed lot for culls I want rid of. I was referring to the coops. Say they pay us a higher price, post losses instead of small profits and then coop is in bother. Grand saying they didn't need to borrow but our milk still needed processing if they didn't borrow where are funds going to come from. That's why I asked what realistic alternative is their for the coop. We have no plc to back us up not that it would if their was one cos shareholders are their masters. We are where we are but what would lads do if they were in charge

It's easy to say but difficult to do, R&D to find higher margin products.

Selling powder is simple and relatively cheap and risk free and we are experienced in doing it.

Targeting higher margin products is expensive and risky and constant. I'm not sure smaller processors would be well equipped enough to invest and manage an R&D of the size and cost necessary to go that route, Carbery being the exception to that rule and proving how rare it is.

One way or another, we are looking at lower prices for milk but our 'exceptional' management and staff will have to share some of the burden.

All the pain cannot be fenced in behind the farm gate and all the gains on the other. The supply system is badly broken here.

If we are selling to commodity markets why the need for such big high paid management teams, all they seem to b able to manage is to process the milk and dump it on market at any given price they lack imagination we all knew over supply would b an issue post quota, were milking the cows the machines are doing the processing what is management job .....all current management are easily replaced they are not anything special and the base during difficult period just highlight to us what our management teams are made of and what planning they have done for scenarios like we have currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Dont get too excited about carbery results , a number of accounting reconciliation s in that.which is better a ceo on 100k returning 20 cent or a ceo on 500 returning 23 to suppliers

keep going wrote: »
    Dont get too excited about carbery results , a number of accounting reconciliation s in that.which is better a ceo on 100k returning 20 cent or a ceo on 500 returning 23 to suppliers

Glanbia CEO is getting more than 100k.

Water John wrote: »
    Let them off up the motorway.
    Dairygold profits down 34%
    Carbery profits up 33%
    Dairygold make 19M profit.
    Carbery make 25M profit
    Dairygold valued at 315M
    Carbery valued at 260M Note this is Carbery and does nor include the value of the four West Cork Coops.

I'm only started.
    OH yeah,
    Dairygold pays lowest milk price in the country
    Carbery pays highest milk price in the country.
    Add your reply here.
    Do you think it's just the plant on balineen returning that price? The investments Carbery have made outside of milk processing are likely to be helping there and fair play to them.

keep going wrote: »

Which is better a CEO on 250k returning 25 c or a CEO on 600k returning 20 c?

Add your reply here.
    Do you think it's just the plant on balineen returning that price? The investments Carbery have made outside of milk processing are likely to be helping there and fair play to them.

It is reported that the investments that one CEO has made has caused him to say that his solution to the Co Ops current difficulties is to cut the price of milk to 17c. Who cares how Carbery are able to make a return to its members. The fact is they are consistently able to do it, while some other Co Ops are consistently able to make a bags of things. While all the time being cheered on by the ICOS and up until now the farm organisations.

It is reported that the investments that one CEO has made has caused him to say that his solution to the Co Ops current difficulties is to cut the price of milk to 17c. Who cares how Carbery are able to make a return to its members. The fact is they are consistently able to do it, while some other Co Ops are consistently able to make a bags of things. While all the time being cheered on by the ICOS and up until now the farm organisations.

And by the farmers themselves to be fair. ..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement