Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mahoney_j wrote: »
    +1 as good a post ice read in a long time
    mahoney_j wrote: »
    Orchard thieves tipple of choice arm Kev !!!
    How many have you had already:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

How many have you had already:D

Lost count after the first one !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Just reading the letter about glanbia's gap scheme
    They're borrowing 100 million using our shares (held in trust by them for us by the way) as collateral and 45 million of that is being put aside for the board to use for 'future general purposes ' - very vague wording
    Looks like that 45 million can be peed up against the wind with no input from the members at the whim of the board

What on earth sort of Co Op are we running here?

Like I said before,why are they risking our shares,why aren't they leveraging future GiiL profits instead?
    It's spun as Mar dhea 'all about the farmer ' but it's far from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

OverRide wrote: »
    They're borrowing 100 million using our shares (held in trust by them for us by the way) as collateral and 45 million of that is being put aside for the board to use for 'future general purposes ' - very vague wording
    Looks like that 45 million can be peed up against the wind with no input from the members at the whim of the board

Like I said before,why are they risking our shares,why aren't they leveraging future GiiL profits instead?

They done same at spin out, who will pay back the amount they keep or are we giving up shares, well I'd b worried bout direction of coop, our chairman thinks his only job is to make sure we get paid at the end of the month, and they would want to do more than a diploma considering the clueless talk out of him, how did he get to top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Have only the bare minimum number of shares here needed to get top-ups but for all the information they have given out,they haven't explained yet the conditions that would lead to the exchange being exercised, most striking line in this mornings letter was the Co-op retains full ownership of the 4.3 million shares unless the exchange is excercised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    That's what I was told by my accountant
    Yes the probably may do things like go interest only on a loan for a limited period if things got really tough but with that will come an extra charge. One thing they will never do is refinance you with a loan ar a lower interest rate. At the end of the day they are trying to make money. If you thought about it logically if a farmer could remortgage the house and get money for 3%
    A lot of guys are paying a lot more than that. But the banks wouldn't look as such a proposal

A saving of 2% on 100k is 2 k a year anyone paying 16% to the co op is being rightly screwed[/

What's the best interest avilable from banks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

They done same at spin out, who will pay back the amount they keep or are we giving up shares, well I'd b worried bout direction of coop, our chairman thinks his only job is to make sure we get paid at the end of the month, and they would want to do more than a diploma considering the clueless talk out of him, how did he get to top
    Because he's a yes man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Are the plc shares held on a formal trust for the members?

kowtow wrote: »
    Are the plc shares held on a formal trust for the members?

It's a moral trust,immorally flouted with 45 million gambled on it as if it's pocket money
    2c a litre being put up there as if it was wonderful when in reality, they know they're dropping it by at least another cent to trigger this(a cert now as it's all a cunning plan obviously) so it's worth fcek all as cash flow because milk is past its peak supply now and will drop more and more and farmers are only going to see 1 c whilst 2c up the line is flittered away and worse probably a whole tonne of our shares

You couldn't make this up
    Well you could if you were a glanbia ceo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The sadder part is the praise they are getting for it. From the Minister down to Ag journalists.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    The sadder part is the praise they are getting for it. From the Minister down to Ag journalists.

Oh you mean from people who haven't a clue about farming at the coal face? But know everything about cucumber sandwiches and white wine spritzers on a tray

any manufacturing supplier get anything back on last fixed price scheme, looks like henry looked after his liquid milk suppliers with last fixed price scheme nothing on manufacturing..two tiered supply base led by the chairman....are they waiting for peak to drop?

Equity linked bond - this has me a bit confused they are raising 100m by putting up 4.3million plc shares at todays stock listed price of 16.99 thats 73million.....

why not just spin the shares out to the farmers(only a few shares so wouldnt benefit me), were spending millions on admin costs in coop and this money would be saved yearly if farmers had control of their shares and have supplier groups representing us

are the shares at risk through exercise option id imagine they are to some extent well hardly see the detail but who ever is financing the GAP wouldnt be doing it for nothing so may be interest free in one respect but well have to pay in another.

income volatility tool, think they are mis understanding the term, what they are providing is an interest free loan and to be repaid within 4 years, after just going through the process of getting loans at 3.75%, its all about piling debt on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I'm glad I'm not with glanbia just to figure out spin outs, top ups, flex loans. No word on prices yet...

When I read positive spin from these co ops I get a little worried..

If the ordinary farmer on here can see through these schemes why cant our highly educated farmer board members do the same ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

There is no such thing as a free lunch and frombmy reading of this thread if I was a glanbia supplier I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.would prefer to struggle on to pay the bills every month and give everyone a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Lakeland cut by 1.5c. Sh! !!T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

To what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

23c base. is that 1c ornua payout only one month.

Whelan, I don't know whether you have your tongue in cheek when you say 'highly educated board members'. Most get the jobs because whatever their IQ, they don't question things very much.

As one DG director said recently on being asked about the low price, replied 'be positive, be positive'.

Was hoping prices would level out and increase slowly over the back end.
    Let's see how it pans out over the week.
    Agree with giving a clear base price and cut the crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Any good business man/woman will know you "never waste a crisis "

Well by availing of loan it's a huge cost to coop shareholders, the 100m equity will have to be paid back and possible figure of 130m that's based on 70% bond, will be what who ever is giving the equity bond to us will get back, all dependant on share price appreciation over time, it's interest free for supplier but is not interest free to coop shareholders talk about pissing money away I'd say management in Glanbia hav had it easy to fool these boards. Need to look at election system in Glanbia may be its time for a list system instead of these in educated yokes on our board, really can't believe commentary from chairman, he'd want to learn what his role is, it's a hard job to do don't get me wrong and not suited to someone who likes politics like our current lad it's about leading the company, who gets to elect our chairman is it one of these sub committees or do members decide

The members of any coop elect the Board of Directors, directly or indirectly via a management committee.
    The Board elects the Chairman always. Problem also, it is often a noddy of management.
    Classically, in companies and coops, there should be a positive tension between the Chairman and CEO. Too often, this relationship is too buddy buddy, and/or the CEO is dominant.
    Chairman, needs to be very strong and knowledgeable.
    In plain language take no s**t and it be known so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

I see glanbia have cut the base to €0.20 with a top up off €0.02 plus €0.01 top up of ornua money.still corbally is saying it all great with the "free" money they giving out

delaval wrote:
    I would suggest posting your processors base inc Vat for comparison Post your Nett price for others to help or be helped I think that solids should be included. I suggest any seasonal/liquid contract price be excluded or seperated.

boggerman1 wrote:
    I see glanbia have cut the base to €0.20 with a top up off €0.02 plus €0.01 top up of ornua money.still corbally is saying it all great with the "free" money they giving out

23c?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

boggerman1 wrote: »
    there is no free money

How low can Glanbia GO ?????????? can they beat fontera

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

any word on the milk price from kerry yet?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    23c?

As expected, dropped to 23 so as to trigger the gap fund that subsidises the plc with our money

Also the ornua 1c is not paid on liquid contract so any liquid lads are only getting that on half theirs or less

Shower of fukin bastards

As expected, dropped to 23 so as to trigger the gap fund that subsidises the plc with our money

Also the ornua 1c is not paid on liquid contract so any liquid lads are only getting that on half theirs or less

Shower of fukin bastards
    how many days left on the f*cking msa's? You can bet if they were no contracts they wouldnt be carrying on like this

• Advertisement

milkprofit wrote: »
    there is no free money

They will go as low as we let them go

milkprofit wrote:

You should change your username!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

whelan2 wrote: »
    how many days left on the f*cking msa's? You can bet if they were no contracts they wouldnt be carrying on like this

when did you sign yours it runs for five yrs from the date you have signed it . if i was you get out of that place the sooner the better

when did you sign yours it runs for five yrs from the date you have signed it . if i was you get out of that place the sooner the better
    What are strathroy paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

26c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

26c

Does exchange rate have much effect on price for strathroy?

• Advertisement

What are strathroy paying?

not set for this month yet . our group committe prob negotiating the price over the next few days . are you in any of the fixed schemes

not set for this month yet . our group committe prob negotiating the price over the next few days . are you in any of the fixed schemes
    yes I am in a few of them but feck all of an allocation in any of them

yes I am in a few of them but feck all of an allocation in any of them

did you have to sign a new msa for them

did you have to sign a new msa for them
    no. I am being very careful when every thing runs until. Dont want to be there a day longer than I have to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

Not sure the exact details of the Glanbia msa but the Dairygold msa requires that you give 2 years notice if you want to leave. So in effect if you leave it until the five years are up before you give notice to leave, then infact it is a seven year contract. IMO anyone 3 years in to the contract should now be handing in their notice if they are planning on leaving when their five year sentence is up. Otherwise you could risk having to put up with an extra two years. Also if enough people were to hand in their notice. Maybe it could be exactly what is needed to make these people realise who pays their salaries.

• Advertisement

Did Glanbia suppliers receive any more details of the bond / loan note arrangements than were published in the press?

On what terms are the bonds exchangeable / convertible by the lender against the plc shares?

Did Glanbia suppliers receive any more details of the bond / loan note arrangements than were published in the press?

On what terms are the bonds exchangeable / convertible by the lender against the plc shares?
    No details..
    You can be sure there's a cost though
    Nothing is free

kowtow wrote:

kowtow wrote:

That will be kept confidential I reckon in case the stupid farmers figure it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

At the drop of a fcuking hat kt. No point in messing around. Co-op shareholding must be diluted as fast as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

At the drop of a fcuking hat kt. No point in messing around. Co-op shareholding must be diluted as fast as possible.

And Kerry coop need to do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

If you're with davy's stockbrokers you might have access to that?
    All I can see from looking around is -
    Glanbia co-op is giving 1.5% of it's 36.5% share in plc as a guarantee against the bond.
    Not sure if it's the same bond but other websites say glanbia applied for a $100m yes $ and the coupon is 1.375% 2 times per year.
    The exchange price of the bond was set at E23.26.(Not sure if that is what the bond is selling between traders at the start?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Milked out wrote: »
    Rte putting it down to a new broom and cost cutting and new products in china.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016/0614/795410-danone-update/

Edit: I wonder did they get the money they were claiming from Fonterra.

pedigree 6 wrote:
    If you're with davy's stockbrokers you might have access to that? All I can see from looking around is - Glanbia co-op is giving 1.5% of it's 36.5% share in plc as a guarantee against the bond. Not sure if it's the same bond but other websites say glanbia applied for a $100m yes $ and the coupon is 1.375% 2 times per year. The exchange price of the bond was set at E23.26.(Not sure if that is what the bond is selling between traders at the start?)

I'll look at the market feeds tomorrow if I get a moment, think it was a private irish offer so may not be on the major wires.

What's the current plc eur share price? The conversion will allow one share to be exchanged for 23.26 of the outstanding bond, but whether at the buyer issuers option and for how long is the question.

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Not sure the exact details of the Glanbia msa but the Dairygold msa requires that you give 2 years notice if you want to leave. So in effect if you leave it until the five years are up before you give notice to leave, then infact it is a seven year contract. IMO anyone 3 years in to the contract should now be handing in their notice if they are planning on leaving when their five year sentence is up. Otherwise you could risk having to put up with an extra two years. Also if enough people were to hand in their notice. Maybe it could be exactly what is needed to make these people realise who pays their salaries.
    contracts run from 1st of January 2015 for 5 years, even though they were signed in June 2014(for 5 years) that in itself is annoying as the contract is 5 and a half years long not 5 years iykwim. Notice to leave can be given from 1st january 2017 ..................

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement