Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

FFS. Almost €70m profit last year plus the revolving fund. You'd think for shame sake they'd hold the price for May anyway.

And a heap of SL money sitting in the bank earning interest till September

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭farmer lad

got a text today.to reg com.The board has today decided to reduce the price for milk supplied in May by 2cpl bringing the price to 37cpl incl VAT

It's realistically 36.5 cpl as they gona charge .5 cpl for the revolving fund anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

farmer lad wrote: »
    It's realistically 36.5 cpl as they gona charge .5 cpl for the revolving fund anyway

Plus another .5 cent share up, neither of which is tax allowable, so if on high rate of tax is in effect 2 cent. The revolving fund is returned in seven years free of tax then with an annual accruing interest rate of 3 month Euribor+ 2.5, which is subsided as no farmer can borrow at that rate. The share will only always be worth a €, even though it in effect it cost two euro, but usually gets 1.25% dividend so declines in value by inflation minus 1.25%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

did anyone get their glanbia milk cheque into their account today? Thats 2 months in a row its not in on the 18th:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭EamonKilkenny

whelan2 wrote: »
    did anyone get their glanbia milk cheque into their account today? Thats 2 months in a row its not in on the 18th:mad:

Just looked, same as. Really disappointing. It's supposed to be a guarantee.

Just looked, same as. Really disappointing. It's supposed to be a guarantee.
    will be plenty of calls and texts to them this morning. Thought last month was a 1 off

farm services guy replied" i am told they go into accounts on the night of the 18th each month" i replied we always had them in account on the 18th up til now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Carbery have just cut their price by 2 cents a litre, but our coop Drinagh have only cut it by 1 cent, down to 38.40c/l.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

farm services guy replied" i am told they go into accounts on the night of the 18th each month" i replied we always had them in account on the 18th up til now

There's a new banking payment system in place now making a mess of everything. Wife used to be paid at 12 midnight in the morning of payday, now it can be anything up towards 12 midday on payday. Banks are not taking responsibility for slow payments pointing back to the employers, who have paid in the monies at the usual time same as before.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Oldtree wrote: »
    There's a new banking payment system in place now making a mess of everything. Wife used to be paid at 12 midnight in the morning of payday, now it can be anything up towards 12 midday on payday. Banks are not taking responsibility for slow payments pointing back to the employers, who have paid in the monies at the usual time same as before.:mad:

My wife gave out stick to someone in her wages dept there a couple of weeks ago at 6 in the morning when she woke and found out her wages weren't gone through . I felt sorry for whoever was on the end of the phone ! Not sure was it the bank or her workplace actually .
    If I get paid within a couple of weeks from when I'm told I'm usually happy enough !

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Wheelinone

moy83 wrote: »
    My wife gave out stick to someone in her wages dept there a couple of weeks ago at 6 in the morning when she woke and found out her wages weren't gone through . I felt sorry for whoever was on the end of the phone ! Not sure was it the bank or her workplace actually .
    If I get paid within a couple of weeks from when I'm told I'm usually happy enough !

Mental note to self. If you ever meet moy83 do not under any circumstances piss his wife off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Oldtree wrote: »

I'd say you're referring to the SEPA payments process which was implemented earlier this year

This is an EU "directive" that is supposed to make payments "faster" and "better"

Mixed results I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Panch18 wrote: »
    I'd say you're referring to the SEPA payments process which was implemented earlier this year

This is an EU "directive" that is supposed to make payments "faster" and "better"

Mixed results I would say

It's a load of boll1x. I changed banks a few months ago, and before the bank would change all direct debits and standing orders for you. Now you have to contact everyone that's dding from your account and get them to send out a sepa dd mandate form. And it gets better, once the mandate is returned the bank charge 4.50 per mandate to setup.
    Another EU directive that's working well!! What's the story with the EU that they love to bury everything in inefficient ineffective bureaucracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Back to Milk Price before I get shot please

its a bit of a fook up all right, i know a lad has all dd's due to come out on 18th, think he will be changing that after this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Yeah looks like when they had that *error* last month ,some bright spark has set the payments for the 19th...
    The direct payment literature guarantees dp for the 19th.
    Its just that in practice its came in on the 18th.

Now heres the rub..SEPA has been in since february.So someone recently has made a DELIBERATE change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Arrabawn

base 37.874

3.75 b/f
    3.41 p

38.81 c/ltr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

DG base 37c/l

3.53p
    3.84bf
    4.83l

40.042c/l incl VAT

Do many of you get a trading bonus at the end of year if your co- op has a merchant branch. And is it factored into the price if your milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

moy83 wrote: »

My wife thinks your wife is high maintenance (she actually used choicer language). She does the wages where she works. Any fcuker rings her at six in the morning about wages better come to work loaded for bear.

• Advertisement

My wife thinks your wife is high maintenance (she actually used choicer language). She does the wages where she works. Any fcuker rings her at six in the morning about wages better come to work loaded for bear.

Mental note; Do not under any circumstances piss off freedoms missus. Gulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

base price 39.07
    pr 3.48
    fat 3.98
    may price 42.27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

We should double date , leave the ladies to wages talk and us to the great SFP divide of the east and west !

so whats the thinking on june price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

My view, no drop in GII as last one was hasty and ill-advised.

The ones that didn't drop will drop this mth.

My personal view, not based on concrete info!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Hope your right jungle drums round here are saying L.land il go again if they can, will know by friday either ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Bought cattle off a man that is fairly well in the loop and he reckons that things will hang tough the way they are for next 2/3 months anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

Hope your right might be wishful thinking ?

had to do some work on accounts from a few years ago last week, 2009 was one crap year for milk price 21 cpl one of the months:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

had to do some work on accounts from a few years ago last week, 2009 was one crap year for milk price 21 cpl one of the months:eek::eek:

Don't remind us ha!

• Advertisement

Yes, but what was your average price? I'd wager it was higher than that

Yes, but what was your average price? I'd wager it was higher than that
    27.7 cpl for 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

27.7 cpl for 2009

29.4 liquid saved us that year

27.7 cpl for 2009

So it didn't turn out so bad???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I remember it was one of my first years farming, wasnt easy with high loan repayments

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I remember it was one of my first years farming, wasnt easy with high loan repayments
    i suppose we can look back now and say we survived it, wouldnt want another one though. The other thing was the big difference in liquid and manufacturing price

It was a brute as price was low for the peak

kevthegaff wrote: »

Spare a thought for beef men €4/kg=23c/litre. At least ours was collected and paid for.

One of those years in a career is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Coonagh

Spare a thought for beef men €4/kg=23c/litre. At least ours was collected and paid for.

One of those years in a career is enough

I'd reckon cattle would want to be close to €9/kg to match milk at the minute

• Advertisement

Coonagh wrote: »
    I'd reckon cattle would want to be close to €9/kg to match milk at the minute

Should you nt be sweeping the yard for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Coonagh

Should you nt be sweeping the yard for tomorrow?

That's a small job round here, fecking too busy pulling ragwort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

I reckon 30 cent a litre is the new 23 the way costs have risen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

keep going wrote: »
    I reckon 30 cent a litre is the new 23 the way costs have risen

Yes, at least, considering most of us are having deductions for post quota expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

The board of GIIL has today agreed to retain a base manufacturing milk price for June of 37cpl inc. vat.

Whoop de feckin do.

The board of GIIL has today agreed to retain a base manufacturing milk price for June of 37cpl inc. vat.

Whoop de feckin do.

Now now it's better than 27 cpl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Wheelinone wrote: »

True enough. With the long month it should run into a good cheque all the same.

Wheelinone wrote: »
    i like your user name:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Lake Land held june price at 37c lt so not so bad to be wrong about it getting another nip :-)

i like your user name:D

Penneys dropped. I picked it up when we lost the original. A bit of tongue in cheek. I hope you don't mind. I used to have another username but changed it in the upheaval. :)

anyone else getting "internal server error" when they go to look up june milk statement on agrilink?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement